Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 30, 2013
1:12:05 PM
Upgrade to Android device and then switch back to iPhone

I am trying to use one of my line's upgrade elligibilty to purchase an HTC One at a discounted price, but I do not intend for that line to use that phone. Instead, I would like that line to retain service for an iPhone 4S. They use different data plans, though, and I have to select a new data plan when I purchase the HTC device. Will I be able to switch the plan back to an iPhone data plan free of charge, and if so, how?

I am trying to use one of my line's upgrade elligibilty to purchase an HTC One at a discounted price, but I do not intend for that line to use that phone. Instead, I would like that line to retain service for an iPhone 4S. They use different data plans, though, and I have to select a new data plan when I purchase the HTC device. Will I be able to switch the plan back to an iPhone data plan free of charge, and if so, how?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2013 3:19:26 PM
(0)
Employee

You should be able to switch the equipment back at no cost, depending on where you go.

Call into Customer Care or go into a COR store and they should help out. If you go to an Authorized Retailer, they could charge you for the process or sim card as they have different policies.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to Android device and then switch back to iPhone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 30, 2013 3:19:26 PM
(0)
Employee

You should be able to switch the equipment back at no cost, depending on where you go.

Call into Customer Care or go into a COR store and they should help out. If you go to an Authorized Retailer, they could charge you for the process or sim card as they have different policies.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Upgrade to Android device and then switch back to iPhone

2 of 3 (1,499 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2013 4:25:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you!

Thank you!

Re: Upgrade to Android device and then switch back to iPhone