For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Foxhound7's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 31st, 2014 12:04 AM

Upgrade date question

Just a quick question for you guys. My upgrade date is 9/19. I read somewhere that I can upgrade the month of my upgrade date for the same cost it would be at that date. Is there any truth to this? Hope I posted This is the right forum

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

At one time, you could update in the same month of your upgrade date. That was when you could update prior to your contract completion date.

I don't know if they are still doing that. I believe that you now have to wait unitl your contract completion date.

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

I checked my upgrade status today in my account manager, and it shows me eligible even though my contract end date is 9/14/14, so I think they are still allowing it as of the first of the month that your contract expire.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

10 years ago

When the iPhone 5 first came out, my upgrade date was November 30. When check online, I was able to upgrade on October 31. So the very next day I went straight to AT&T Corperate Store to order iPhone 5. Now this year, my upgrade date is November 1, so I do not know if I can upgrade October 1, 2014 to iPhone 6. Either way, I can do the Next thing, but my iPhone 5 is still going strong, and iOS 8 ready. I do not know.Smiley Surprised

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

10 years ago

I used online chat with AT&T rep about upgrading my iPhone 5. I was told when I upgraded one month before uprade date, it was an exception. Now it is either the "Next" program, or wait out until cotract fully expires before upgrade.Smiley Tongue

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to upgrade be 9/1 at least prob earlier if your converting from a contract to next sometimes they will let you out of the contract a few months early if you sign up for the next. Limit 4 next per account depending on credit check.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.