Upgrade date question

Highlighted
Contributor

Upgrade date question

Just a quick question for you guys. My upgrade date is 9/19. I read somewhere that I can upgrade the month of my upgrade date for the same cost it would be at that date. Is there any truth to this? Hope I posted This is the right forum
Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrade date question

At one time, you could update in the same month of your upgrade date. That was when you could update prior to your contract completion date.

I don't know if they are still doing that. I believe that you now have to wait unitl your contract completion date.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Professor

I checked my upgrade status today in my account manager, and it shows me eligible even though my contract end date is 9/14/14, so I think they are still allowing it as of the first of the month that your contract expire.

Message 3 of 6
ACE - Guru

When the iPhone 5 first came out, my upgrade date was November 30. When check online, I was able to upgrade on October 31. So the very next day I went straight to AT&T Corperate Store to order iPhone 5. Now this year, my upgrade date is November 1, so I do not know if I can upgrade October 1, 2014 to iPhone 6. Either way, I can do the Next thing, but my iPhone 5 is still going strong, and iOS 8 ready. I do not know.Smiley Surprised

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Guru

I used online chat with AT&T rep about upgrading my iPhone 5. I was told when I upgraded one month before uprade date, it was an exception. Now it is either the "Next" program, or wait out until cotract fully expires before upgrade.Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 6

You should be able to upgrade be 9/1 at least prob earlier if your converting from a contract to next sometimes they will let you out of the contract a few months early if you sign up for the next. Limit 4 next per account depending on credit check.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support