Trade In and Get Rewarded!
HeatherMarie2012's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 24th, 2013 7:58 PM

Upgrade date changed

I was looking forward to my upgrade this month only to find out it's been moved to 3/2014. Why?! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@HeatherMarie2012 wrote:

I was looking forward to my upgrade this month only to find out it's been moved to 3/2014. Why?! 

Policy changed a few months ago, it went from 20 to 24 months. If you contract end date was before 03/01/2014 it stayed the same at 20 months, if the contract end date was on or after 03/01/2014 the upgrade date was extended to 24 months

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

They also pushed back my update date from November to next April. I have decided to move to T-mobile at that time. We have to let them know they made a terrible decision, otherwise they would continue this again and again.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Then why did my plan continually show in my upgrade eligibility up to last week (November 6th) that my second line was eligibile on 11/12/2013, but when I walk into the store today they tell me we cannot upgrade until April 2014.  They have continually shown my second line as being eligible but now have changed it after this long?   Bull, if you published that date then you should be held to that date. I want to get rid of my daughter's Iphone since it keeps having phantom data charges and was going to use the secondary line in my plan that had the eligibility to change her phone.  I am sick of AT&T constantly teasing me with upgrade eligibility and then telling me we can't.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you!! I wish I had screenshots of having November eligibility up until I actually went to upgrade by malfunctioning iPhone 4S on Black Friday(not smart I know, but my phone barely works and money is tight as of the moment). Waited 2 1/2 hours in line to hear, o you aren't eligible but no answer why. I had to google it when I got home. When I called customer service on Monday I was told by the rep there were never any notifications sent out and they have had numerous complaints. Oh and put on the phone with the most useless, uncaring supervisor one could possibly hire. I understand that your upgrade eligibility is not part of your contract, so therefore this is "legal". Just because it is legal, does not make it good business. And since I've seen my upgrade in writing numerous times and early upgrade was actually used as a tactic to get me to buy my phone with ATT, wouldn't that be false advertisement. And I don't want to hear about fine print, because purposeful deceptive marketing can also mean criminal charges against the company.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@Mybluemeow wrote:

Thank you!! I wish I had screenshots of having November eligibility up until I actually went to upgrade by malfunctioning iPhone 4S on Black Friday(not smart I know, but my phone barely works and money is tight as of the moment). Waited 2 1/2 hours in line to hear, o you aren't eligible but no answer why. I had to google it when I got home. When I called customer service on Monday I was told by the rep there were never any notifications sent out and they have had numerous complaints. Oh and put on the phone with the most useless, uncaring supervisor one could possibly hire. I understand that your upgrade eligibility is not part of your contract, so therefore this is "legal". Just because it is legal, does not make it good business. And since I've seen my upgrade in writing numerous times and early upgrade was actually used as a tactic to get me to buy my phone with ATT, wouldn't that be false advertisement. And I don't want to hear about fine print, because purposeful deceptive marketing can also mean criminal charges against the company.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

got a notifcation in my billing statement, did you read your bill? As for the second - read the terms of service for the first time

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My upgrade date was changed also, no explanation. The very first time I was eligible for upgrade it went off without a hitch. I ordered phone it was shipped and I was not charged any extras or forced into another long contract.
However, this time was not so simple. I had gone to an AT&T store, however not the main hub so to speak.
I wad inquiring about my plan due to high Data use and when my plan changed so did my upgrade date, as well as it was no longer free of charge now I could upgrade but needed to pay for it threw installments to my account. I am unsure what exactly happend and still have no explanation to why or how.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.