Upgrade checkout Question

Upgrade checkout Question

Hi, I am trying to upgrade one of the additional lines on my Family Voice Plan.  When I am at the check, for some reason I see the voice plan will cost $40 for this line.  Shouldn't this be $10 since it's an additional line?  My main line is billed $40 so I'm not sure why it's saying this additional line will also cost $40? 

Thanks for helping!

Message 1 of 2 (381 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Upgrade checkout Question

socheathly wrote:

Hi, I am trying to upgrade one of the additional lines on my Family Voice Plan.  When I am at the check, for some reason I see the voice plan will cost $40 for this line.  Shouldn't this be $10 since it's an additional line?  My main line is billed $40 so I'm not sure why it's saying this additional line will also cost $40? 

Thanks for helping!

You are correct, this doesn't sound correct.  You may want to visit an AT&T corporate store, or call *611 from your cell phone to see if they can help you with this issue.  If you have to go this route, you should be able to explain to them why you are doing this in person rather than on-line and you should still get the on-line price (if it is cheaper).

The description you give almost makes it sound like your account moved form a Family Shared Plan to a Mobile Share or Mobile Share Value plan.  If you are on a Mobile Share plan, and are currently off contract or your contract originated prior to 02/01/2014 you would be paying a flat fee for your data package, then either $15 or $25 for your voice package (per phone) depending upon your data package.  Now if you upgrade one of those phones to a new contract-subsidized phone the $15/$25 would go up to $40/month so the system may think you are on on of the Mobile Share plans.  The Family Plans are no longer offered, but if you have one, you can keep it, so you may be on a Family Plan, or you may be on a Mobile Share plan.  It's difficult to tell without more information, but you should be able to tell from your monthly bill.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (345 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.