Upgrade Swap Question

gg4
Contributor

Upgrade Swap Question

I have a question about contract lengths in regards to cross-grading/upgrade swap.

Let's say that line A and line B are in a family plan. Line A's contract ends in 180 days, while B is already eligible to upgrade:

A used B's upgrade and bought a new phone. What if B decided they wanted to finally upgrade 180 days later, would B be able to use A's original upgrade, or would this be lost and both A and B would have 2 year contracts renewed?

I was thinking that B would have an upgrade available whether the contracts were actually switched or B would need to do what A did, but vice-versa to get a new phone, but I just wanted to check before doing the upgrade-swap...

Basically, A has a phone in mind, and B wants to wait for the newer version to be released of a different phone.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert

Re: Upgrade Swap Question

when line A uses line B's upgrade, it affects line B's contract, not line A's. Line A's upgrade date does not change, so that when line A becomes upgrade eligible line B can use the upgrade for their phone which then extends line A's contract.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support