Upgrade Eligibility Reversal after returning iPhone 5 to Apple.com

Teacher

Upgrade Eligibility Reversal after returning iPhone 5 to Apple.com

I ordered my iPhone 5 on 10/8/2012 at Apple.com. I didn't get the phone until 11/1/2012. The phone shipped on 10/27/2012.
My contract at AT&T was renewed from 10/8/2012 to 10/7/2014

Apple.com allows 30 days return from shipped date of 10/27/2012.
What date will AT&T use to determine whether the upgrade eligibility can be reversed? (14 days after I got the phone? 30 days after I signed the contract? etc)

I'm going to mail the iPhone back on Monday 11/5/2012 (Apple will probably get it on 11/8/2012 or 11/9/2012).
Can my AT&T upgrade eligibility still be reversed since the iPhone will be returned?

I'm confused about the timing especially since I order the phone directly from the Apple Store.

Do I have to do anything after Apple.com processes the return with AT&T?

Appreciate any insight on this. Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator

Re: Upgrade Eligibility Reversal after returning iPhone 5 to Apple.com

ziffies,

I would call your local ATT store and have them look at your account up to see exactly how this will work out. Here is a link to an AT&T store locator to find one nearest to you.

AT&T Store Locator

Here are all the numbers for Wireless support

Wireless Support

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support