Upgrade Conundrum...

Contributor

Upgrade Conundrum...

We switched from Bore-izon to AT&T in November 2010 for our wireless service.  Got two iPhone 3GSs, ported our landline number over to the primary phone and added another line, family share plan, etc.

For some reason, the second line is now cleared to upgrade but the primary number isn't upgradeable until August 7?  Since the account and phones were all opened/purchased at the same time WHY aren't both phones upgradeable at the same time?

Message 1 of 4 (1,528 Views)
Master

Re: Upgrade Conundrum...

It depends on the spending on each line. Are there features on the second line that are not on the first?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 2 of 4 (1,526 Views)
Former Community Manager
Solution
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

In a family plan, the secondary line does have a different upgrade date than the main line so your scenario is normal.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (1,467 Views)

The primary line costs more, so you get an early upgrade. The upgrade depends on how valuable you are to AT$T.
Message 4 of 4 (1,438 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.