Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Apr 29, 2012
6:08:42 PM
View profile
Upgrade Conundrum...

We switched from Bore-izon to AT&T in November 2010 for our wireless service.  Got two iPhone 3GSs, ported our landline number over to the primary phone and added another line, family share plan, etc.

For some reason, the second line is now cleared to upgrade but the primary number isn't upgradeable until August 7?  Since the account and phones were all opened/purchased at the same time WHY aren't both phones upgradeable at the same time?

We switched from Bore-izon to AT&T in November 2010 for our wireless service.  Got two iPhone 3GSs, ported our landline number over to the primary phone and added another line, family share plan, etc.

For some reason, the second line is now cleared to upgrade but the primary number isn't upgradeable until August 7?  Since the account and phones were all opened/purchased at the same time WHY aren't both phones upgradeable at the same time?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 1, 2012 8:38:53 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on May 1, 2012 at 8:39:28 PM

In a family plan, the secondary line does have a different upgrade date than the main line so your scenario is normal.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Upgrade Conundrum...

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2012 6:36:34 PM
(0)
Master
It depends on the spending on each line. Are there features on the second line that are not on the first?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
It depends on the spending on each line. Are there features on the second line that are not on the first?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Upgrade Conundrum...

2 of 4 (1,460 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 1, 2012 8:38:53 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on May 1, 2012 at 8:39:28 PM

In a family plan, the secondary line does have a different upgrade date than the main line so your scenario is normal.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

--------------

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (1,401 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2012 5:14:36 AM
(0)
Guru
The primary line costs more, so you get an early upgrade. The upgrade depends on how valuable you are to AT$T.
The primary line costs more, so you get an early upgrade. The upgrade depends on how valuable you are to AT$T.

4 of 4 (1,372 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments