Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Arendi's profile

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 4:53 PM

Updating non-smartphone in family plan

Hello everyone,

we have the FamilyTalk Nation 850 with Rollover plan and I want to upgrade one phone in there.

Currently it's a Nokia 6350, just to show that there is not a fancy user behind it and it hasn't been done recently.

My problem is, that after I select the new phone we want (Nokia lumia 900), it takes me to select a voice plan, and none are the family plan. (see below)

I've tried with going with the one for $0.00, but then the data plans look like this:

Not the ones I was expecting ($20, $30 etc.). I did notice that at the top in the URL it says business (underlined). That first showed up with the overview of the phones and has been up there since.

So my questions are: How can I upgrade the phone so it stays in the family plan and we just add the $20 data plan?

Have tried firefox 14 and IE 8, cache and cookies deleted.

I'm starting to think that the AT&T website hates us.. having another problem with adding a line described here, that no one has been able to help with.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Arendi wrote:

When I click on that "Upgrade Phone" it takes me to the list of all the phones in the family plan. Then I select "Upgrade Eligibility" and I end up in the same screen as in picture 2 of the 6th post in this thread.

So yeah, ultimately going that way has the same outcome as the other ways.

ok, best bet now is to PM @jamileh and see what she can get out of it

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks, I did that and also gave a link to this thread. I just hope it's not me missing a specific button I have to push or something.... 😄

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Arendi wrote:

Alright, sorry for wasting your time wingrider. What I wrote came true.. my wife looked over it and found that tiny button "continue with existing plan" that for some reason I have been ignoring these past few days. That was all...

Again, thank you for your support!

never a waste of time, although I do admit you had me scratching my head. It is always the little details that get you in the end:)

Happy upgrade

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

12 years ago

I will strongly urge you to visit a att wireless corporate store to discuss the different options you can choose. Once you get that information then you can go to the internet if you choose to make your selection there.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.