For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
graf_mc's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, September 12th, 2017 11:33 AM

Unlock Samsung S8 plus from At&t.

Hello.

I`ve bought on Ebay Samsung S8 plus with bad esn. You could see a lot here http://www.ebay.com/itm/172796671096

I live in Ukraine (Europe). I`ve tried to insert my local operator (Vodafone) sim card - but it`s locked to AT&T. I`ve also tried to unlock via AT&T site but I got a message that "Your device was reported as lost or stolen."

Is there any way to unlock a phone?

My IMEI: [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Sorry for my English.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The phone was specifically sold as "for parts" because it can't be used as a phone anymore.  

It will never be unlocked.

It will not be removed from the blacklist.  

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

You will need to have the person that reported it stolen, call it in and say it isn't stolen.  Good luck with that, you never know why they reported it stolen.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Is there is another way to unlock? How I could find that person?

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

There is no other way.  Just think of you calling in your phone being stolen, would you want the person that stole to unlock it?  The only person that could possibly fix this is the person that reported it stolen.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Am I right that I couldn`t find that person via At&t? 

So even in Europe I couldn`t unlock the phone to use with local operators?

Guru

• 

901 Messages

7 years ago

Nope, I would ask the person that you bought it through eBay, but besides for that I don't know how you would be able to find them.  Sorry, but you can't get it unlocked to use it over there.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Why would you give this guy such bad and completely wrong information.Go on Ebay search Att samsung Gslaxy S8+ unlock code bad imei and you will find one.i unlocked mine sold it to someone who used it outside of US no problem. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.