Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ss314vi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 21st, 2018 11:54 PM

Tried to return brand new iPhone8 using AT&T return label and after 2 months phone is still lost

I ordered and received a brand new iPhone 8 256G through my company because I was up for an upgrade/discount (every 3 years) and I wanted to return it to get the iPhone8 plus instead. I used the pre-paid sticker found in the box and dropped it off at my post office around November 22, 2017. It is January 21, 2018 and AT&T still says they have not received the phone. I initiated a lost parcel through USPS, nothing came up. I have read that this is a recurring problem for AT&T customers. Why would AT&T continue to provide a return label and policy that has been proven to have such flaws? Why are they allowing these lost phones to continue? They are expensive and losing that much money hinders return business. Please help. I have the original receipt that the sticker came off of. USPS said if AT&T can give me that barcode label, they can see if they scanned it.

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

6 years ago

The problems I have had is not with the label or USPS, but with AT&T in Fort Worth or their contractor whichever one the phone is going to in Fort Worth.  Do you have the tracking numbers from the label. There is usually a USPS tracking number and a smart label tracking number.  You can track it with the USPS number until AT&T’s agent Newgistics picks it up from the USPS and then you can track it with the smart label number from there. Once it is delivered to Fort Worth then it goes into a black hole and you are no longer able to get any information about the status or whereabouts of the phone. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I do have that tracking number upon arrival when I received it from Fort Worth but not the outbound (return) tracking number...

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

6 years ago

You could try sending a PM to @ATTCares  but I have not had any luck getting a response from them.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Did you ever resolve this?  I am having a similar problem and after spending several hours on the phone over several days and not seeing any activity from the rep on the forum that reached out to me, I decided to file complaints with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and my State Attorney General (AG).  

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, our account was credited for the phones. The manager and an employee at our local AT&T store helped some. Utimately ATTCares got in touch with us and resolved the issue. It took about 3 months to get it worked out, but it was corrected in the end. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I’m happy to hear it was resolved for you.  Three months is excessive amount of time to wait for a resolution.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.