Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Cesar1979's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, June 12th, 2018 10:24 AM

What is the process for switching carriers?

I have 3 lines with metro pcs but we're looking to switch to att&t prepaid. We don't want to keep the same phones we wish to start fresh. What is the procedure to complete this switchover and walk away with new phones? How often are we able to upgrade? And will we have to pay out of pocket for new phone's?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Cesar1979 wrote:

I have 3 lines with metro pcs but we're looking to switch to att&t prepaid. We don't want to keep the same phones we wish to start fresh. What is the procedure to complete this switchover

You will need your MPCS account number and PIN code.  Take that information to an ATT store and have the numbers ported to ATT prepaid. 

and walk away with new phones?

Prepaid requires you buy your own phones, no installments are offered, it’s full price only.  Any ATT phone can be purchased or you can BYOD any unlocked phone.  

How often are we able to upgrade?

You can buy a new phone as often as you want.

And will we have to pay out of pocket for new phone's?  

YES.  Prepaid does not allow installments.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

What's mpsc acct #?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

MPCS = Metro PCS account number.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Cesar1979 wrote:

What's mpsc acct #?

Your Metro PCS account number.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Will you pay early termination fees if i switch from.verizon to AT&T

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Im.with verizon and am.currently paying for a note 8 which is making it hard. Injust hot a new iphone for free thata unlocked so want to switch to att.... need to.know hownit works. Inknow sprinta pays your early ter.ination fees etc.. also if.i switch to att i.will be switching my dish to direct tv. Let me know if you can hwlp.as im.stuck.unless younpay the fees.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Jordan1187

Carriers do not pay off your old phone unless you buy a new one from them (bill goes right back up again).  You can sell your expensive phone and pay off Verizon yourself.  Switching carriers is expensive.  Unless you NEED to, I always advise you NOT.  Once you pay off the Note 8, you can move to Verizon prepaid, which is cheaper for lots of data.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Need to switch  to  att from metro

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.