For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
The_Chemist's profile

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

Friday, February 27th, 2015 3:13 AM

Swap a phone with a different size SIM card.

I would like to own more than one phone and periodically swap it out on my single line/same number.  (use different devices one at a time at will on my single line).  For instance, I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and am thinking about purchasing the new HTC One M9 when it becomes available and maybe even a Nexus 6. 

My Note 4 uses a micro SIM card.  Both the Nexus 6 and HTC One M9 use a nano SIm card.  I can't just take my current micro SIM card out of the Note 4 and place it in the other two devices because it is too large.  I don't want to cut the micro SIM down to size and definitely don't want to use a SIM adapter to fit the nano SIM into theNote 4.

My previous cell provider made it extremely easy to swap phones.  I had 5 different phones on my account and all I had to do was either hit the "Activate this phone" key on the device itself, or go the the cell provider's web site and chosse the option to "Swap a Phone", then choose the device I want to activate, and hit activate.  This process would deactivate the old device and activate the new device.  So easy!!!

I have been searching and cannot find an easy way to acomplish this on AT&T.

Am I missing  somethng?

If all my devices used the same SIM card size, I could just exchange the SIM card from device to device, but I can't find a way to keep all the devices I wish to purchase on my account and activate them one at a time on my single line at will.

It just can't be this difficult!

Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I put SIM card on phone but shows my daughters number but I have all my apps and contacts, how can I tell what phone number goes to what SIM card

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jamavaliz  The SIM card carriers your phone number.   See the number by opening settings, about, sim status.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Do I go to settings then general then where? I'm sorry too many questions I have iPhone 6

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Settings

general

about

cellular data number

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

PatriotVetUSA,
I couldn't agree more, you have some good points! I only got AT&T to begin with because someone offered me a nice phone for a crazy cheap price and it was an AT&T phone, so now I've had them for 4 or more years. You said they are next to last in the ratings for the best cell providers, which carrier do you recommend switching too? My fiance and I both use AT&T so we would most likely switch together, so we have phones to trade in, and both switching from a different carrier and can even do a family or shared plan, whatever gets us the best deal. So, with all those factors I just listed, what carrier would be best to switch too in your opinion? If u see this soon I'd appreciate you writing back, thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@HisQueenB2014

You need to do research and figure out what carrier covers you Best.  I have debated leaving ATT and done mine.  Verizon has coverage in areas ATT don't but not significant enough to spend $50 more each month.  T-mobile and Sprint has worse coverage and either one would cost me more.   Prepaid is always more for families and I have 5 lines.  So I stay put...

Guru

• 

382 Messages

6 years ago

About Sims....I have the nano size and use an adapter tray for phones that need the larger micro-sim.  Works perfect.  

My Motorola came with an adapter. The new phone I have ordered takes the smaller nano size.  So no adapter needed! 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

I bought a kit from Amazon for like $5 to $8 I think.  Included a punch to make big SIM cards smaller and several adapters to make small SIM cards bigger.    Most new phones use nano, but it did come in handy.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.