Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Tempster321's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 24th, 2017 4:10 PM

Still waiting on the HTC A9 nougat update the AT&T keeps saying is in the works

So.... is att going to update the HTC One a9 ? Like they keep saying they are going to do , or do all of us that bought the phone at att need to somehow get it unlocked in order to get Android nougat ????? , please let us know, just don't reply by saying something to keep us on the hook... if we need to switch to a different provider just let us know . Thanks

Have a great day

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Tempster321 wrote:
So.... is att going to update the HTC One a9 ? Like they keep saying they are going to do , or do all of us that bought the phone at att need to somehow get it unlocked in order to get Android nougat ????? , please let us know, just don't reply by saying something to keep us on the hook... if we need to switch to a different provider just let us know . Thanks

Have a great day

@Tempster321

getting the phone unlocked is not going to get you nougat as each carrier has there own version of the phone and updates can only come from the carrier that it was made for.  

if you look at this page http://www.htc.com/us/support/updates.aspx  only one HTC phone on ATT has nougat and thats the M9.  I dont think they are going to release it for the A9.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

But when I call they tell me that it is going to be updated but they cannot
give me a date

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Tempster321 wrote:
But when I call they tell me that it is going to be updated but they cannot
give me a date

@Tempster321

customer care does not have access to that info just a FYI.  The update group in neither customer facing or CSR facing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.