Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Lisahahaha's profile

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2011 4:20 PM

Somebody tell me this isn't true

I called AT&T and spoke to a rep to find out why, suddenly, my upgrade date got pushed back three months.   I made no changes whatsoever.   She proceeds to ask me if I checked my upgrade date excessively?    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Because "some people check it excessively and that can cause it to get pushed back".    SERIOUSLY?   I tried to get her to explain that logic to me and she just kept reading off her little script that any changes such as changes in your account, late payment OR CHECKING Y OUR UPGRADE DATE EXCESSIVELY can cause it to be pushed back.   I kid you not.  

How can there be any logic to that, whatsoever?    First, I only check it a couple of times this year and secondly,  if I had OCD and checked it fifty times a day, what should that matter to AT&T?   Ridiculous that something like that should even be suggested to a customer. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

Hi Lisahahaha

First, let me offer my sincere apologies for your support experience. Checking your eligibility date does not have any impact on the date itself. 

I'm happy to get you in touch with someone who can review your account and eligibility status with you. If you'd like to speak with someone, please send me a private message with your name, account info, phone number and the best time to contact you.

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

13 years ago

@Lisahahaha wrote:

I called AT&T and spoke to a rep to find out why, suddenly, my upgrade date got pushed back three months.   I made no changes whatsoever.   She proceeds to ask me if I checked my upgrade date excessively?    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Because "some people check it excessively and that can cause it to get pushed back".    SERIOUSLY?   I tried to get her to explain that logic to me and she just kept reading off her little script that any changes such as changes in your account, late payment OR CHECKING Y OUR UPGRADE DATE EXCESSIVELY can cause it to be pushed back.   I kid you not.  

How can there be any logic to that, whatsoever?    First, I only check it a couple of times this year and secondly,  if I had OCD and checked it fifty times a day, what should that matter to AT&T?   Ridiculous that something like that should even be suggested to a customer. 

Lol, I'm pretty sure she pulled that one out of thin air. Smiley Very Happy

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you.  I just checked with another rep, who told me that she saw nowhere that this was ever an  issue for AT&T.   The only reasons listed were  changes to the account's status, for which I had none.  My date was  then rectified.   I  had a feeling that the first rep was pulling that one out of nowhere, but I just wanted to be sure that at&t hadn't completely gone off the deep end.   Thanks for your reply. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

13 years ago

Happy to help and I'm glad to hear your issue was resolved. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

jamileh, I sent you a message. Can you please check it out, thanks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.