For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
xevans11's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, April 2nd, 2016 11:44 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow Update

I am very angered with you at the moment. Literally every other wireless company has Android 6.1.1 on the latest Samsung smartphones and AT&T still doesn't. Why are you always the last wireless company to roll out the update? WE NEED A DATE ON WHEN SAMSUNG MARSHMALLOW WILL BE REALED TODAY OR I WILL SWITCH OVER TO VERIZON. How do you call yourselves the best company but take the longest time possible to roll out software updates ALL OF THE TIME?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

No GSM carrier has 6.0.1 mm on a Samsung device. T-Mobile has not updated either

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I am so with you on this one.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Not from what I've seen. They have Andriod Marshmallow and YOU know it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Care to back up your claim tmo has mm on a Samsung device? Check the tmo update page.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The funny thing is, you stated that none of T-Mobile android devices have the Marshmallow update, and to verify with the T-Mobile update site, but doing so actually confirms this to be factual. https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates#tmoSUPDocTitle  I chose a random device- the s6 Edge as an example- and it reads: "Software Version: Android 6.0 "Marshmallow Software Version: Android 6.0 "Marshmallow"T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update. Foot in mouth, much?

The interesting fact here is that the best argument or stance for why AT&T has failed to provide a refresh for its customer base.  All you can say do is point fingers at other companies and say "well, they didn't do it either, so we're not the only ones", which is as childish as it sounds. As a provider, AT&T has duty to provide the best experience they can, so that they may prosper further beyond their current point. I mean think about it, what if AT&T were the seen as the company that would be first for as many updates and as many devices as they could. 

For some customers, this is important to them. A small thing to a giant like this company, but it IS just the thing that can deter some customers from staying with you, as displayed earlier in this post. Have a good one, and to those that felt comfortable enough to post how they feel about it in this forum, I commend you. Interesting how the opposition never addressed the answer of when will this update be released.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

How about a good customer experience means appropriate testing and certification over releasing an update and bailing water on it if a problem arises. It's ready when it's ready.

There is no release date. AT&T does not provide ETAs on software updates. They are ready when they're ready. The bottom line is lack of an update does not hinder the ability to make calls, send texts or use any features on a device. It continues to function. Frustrating sure but there isn't anyone who can give you an ETA or date. The team that handles updates are not customer facing.

ICS and Lollipop were not quickly released either. It's been well known for a few years CDMA carriers have been first to release and on the GSM side T-Mobile has gotten them out quickly due to a smaller lineup and smaller network footprint. The list of things that must be tested from VOLTE in every market and area to battery life to Bluetooth and NFC operation is long. Nexus and non branded phones get to skip the carrier part of the process. Liz and other users who consider updates important have switched to non branded phones to eliminate the waiting game.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@Anonymous15 wrote:

The funny thing is, you stated that none of T-Mobile android devices have the Marshmallow update, and to verify with the T-Mobile update site, but doing so actually confirms this to be factual. https://support.t-mobile.com/community/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates#tmoSUPDocTitle  I chose a random device- the s6 Edge as an example- and it reads: "Software Version: Android 6.0 "Marshmallow Software Version: Android 6.0 "Marshmallow"T-Mobile and the device manufacturer have agreed to support a new software update. Foot in mouth, much?

The interesting fact here is that the best argument or stance for why AT&T has failed to provide a refresh for its customer base.  All you can say do is point fingers at other companies and say "well, they didn't do it either, so we're not the only ones", which is as childish as it sounds. As a provider, AT&T has duty to provide the best experience they can, so that they may prosper further beyond their current point. I mean think about it, what if AT&T were the seen as the company that would be first for as many updates and as many devices as they could. 

For some customers, this is important to them. A small thing to a giant like this company, but it IS just the thing that can deter some customers from staying with you, as displayed earlier in this post. Have a good one, and to those that felt comfortable enough to post how they feel about it in this forum, I commend you. Interesting how the opposition never addressed the answer of when will this update be released.

@Anonymous15

Ah but the date I posted that Tmo had not released marshmallow for the s6 they did so on monday the 11th.  So my facts were straight when posted.

Scholar

• 

116 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry, I'm calling you out here.  AT&T does not test battery life, bluetooth, NFC operation.  That is Samsung's job and they have already completed that.  If that is the case, then why doesn't AT&T hold up Apple's updates held up for the same reasons?  Don't they use batteries, bluetooth, NFC?  Why don't Nexus phones updates get held up?  Don't they batteries, bluetooth, and NFC?  AT&T doesn't spend months and months testing Apple and Nexus, and they dont' spend months and months testing Samsung devices either.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@mvierling

actually the nexus 6 marshmallow update was held up by 3 months for the ATT version.  Now nexus devices like the 6p and 5x were never sold by a carrier.

Also compairing android to apple is not really far since Apple has had a iron clad contract with carriers that makes them stay out of there update business.

ATT does test most everything in a lab after samsung tests.  Its redundant but it does happen.  I dont agree with it but then again im just a customer.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

8 years ago

Wish Android or Samsung did the same.  With AT&T you cannot use Kies or the New Samsung Smart Switch to install updates.  AT&T controls them OTA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.