Trade In and Get Rewarded!
scott14719's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Sunday, March 20th, 2016 3:23 AM

S7 update not showing up...

I wonder if there is a reason why the latest AT&T update for the S7 hasn't been available for my phone?  I have not received an update notification and I have checked 3 times since the release to see if I could receive it through softwafre updates.  Each time, it reports "my phone is up to date".  However, it is not.  I am still on the APB5 baseband. I would think it would atleast be available through the manual check?  If anyone has any info about this please let me know. I live in the Atlanta GA area. Thank you.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @scott14719 !

Thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve not gotten the S7 update.

Please keep in mind you will need to have AT&T service and be connected to Wi-Fi to get the update.

If this is not the case, so I can further assist you, please private message me by clicking here and provide your name and a good contact number.

Thanks!
-Spencer O AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, 

I bought my S7 in a BestBuy in Dallas during a business trip, the only one they had was the AT&T version SM-G930A but the guy told me they could unlock it becuase I was paying full price.

Now back to home(Uruguay) I see that there's an update available but my phone keeps saying that it's up to date, I'm in the same situation that @scott14719 is.

How can I get the update for my phone?

Thanks.

Enzo

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@EnzoRamirez you have to be on the ATT network to get the updates. That is why you should never buy an ATT phone for use in another country. You can get it unlocked for use on another carrier, but you will not get updates. Do you have any plans to return to the US?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have an AT&T SIM card that came with phone. It's not provisioned. Do you
know if I can have it provisioned as Prepaid and activate it so after that
I get the updates?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

How can I activate the AT&T SIM card that came with the phone? By activating the SIM card and inserting it I would become AT&T customer, right? and get the updates, right?

How can I get that SIM card activated as a prepaid phone or something like that in order to get the updates?

Thanks.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@EnzoRamirez wrote:

How can I activate the AT&T SIM card that came with the phone? By activating the SIM card and inserting it I would become AT&T customer, right? and get the updates, right?

How can I get that SIM card activated as a prepaid phone or something like that in order to get the updates?

Thanks.

Your profile indicates you are not within the U.S. You must be on the ATT network to receive updates. Just installing the sim card is not sufficient.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you Spencer.  I sent you a PM, so hopefully you can look into this issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.