Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Reactivation

Highlighted
Contributor

Reactivation

This evening i reactivated my prepaid sim with. $30 plan. It has bn down for 3mths or so. I did have the Axia b4. This phone is a carrier unlocked metropcs stylo 4. So do i need a new sim so allow it to conect to ur towers?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Reactivation

If you were able to access your account and renew the $30 plan, the SIM card should still be active.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

So I accidentally, unknowingly added $30 to someone else's acct when I made
my purchase last nite. The number on the acct was 2706016546. Which belongs
to a person that I have no clue who they are & has a non-prepaid
acct....its an actual plan. I was made aware of this by the associate at my
local At&t store here in Princeton, Ky. She also told me that not only
could she not take that $30 & apply it to a new acct for me, that I used
on what I thought was my prepaid acct still. But that I also, more than
likely, NOT recieve a refund of my $ lost cuz "At&t doesn't give $ back,
they don't give ANYTHING back!"
Despite her prediction that I'm totally screwed and spent $60 total to
activate one phone...I'm attempting to recover my loss. I would greatly
appreciate ur help & consideration of this issue I created for myself. Ty
for your time! I look forward to your reply as soon as possible.

Respectfully,
Gwen Nichay
Message 3 of 5
ACE - Sage

The community is customer populated.  We cannot refund.  I just can’t imagineer how you login with number and password to someone else’s account.  I’m sure AT&T can’t either.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Well lizdance40 (ACE - Sage),
I do appreciate you looking into this for me. What I dont appreciate is your short and seemingly smart toned response to my genuinely honest mistake. The number used to be mine a short time ago. And I dont know how I logged into someone elses acct. Maybe when my house was robbed recently by a former best friend, amongst all my prized possessions that this person stole (my cellphones included), they managed to snag that phone with the sim in it still & did something that way. I hope that this clarifies any of your confusions or any that AT&T possibly had. I really hope that every1 learned something here today. I know I have....not a single cell phone company around here has positive, caring, & helpful associates. Such a shame. I will be getting ahold of my bank now. They will help, I'm positive of it.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Activate your device online. View Online Upgrade Help!
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support