For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Soloriginator's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012 10:15 PM

Closed

Question about upgrading old family plan to Family Mobile Share and upgrading phones.

Hello, my family has recently been getting into the whole smartphone craze and we recently bought an iPhone 3GS with an individual data plan. Currently, my family has been using a traditional family plan with 5 lines, 700 min. call w/ rollover + unlimited text. The iPhone 3GS adds an extra $20 so our bill comes around $195. 

After doing a bit of research, if I keep the same phones but upgrade to Mobile Share (w/ unlimited talk, text, 1 GB data) the cost is roughly $205, so I'm thinking it's worth it to upgrade. Even though one of my lines took an upgrade (to the iPhone 3GS), the 4 other lines are still elligible for upgrades. My question is once the family plan is upgraded to Mobile Share, are those 4 lines still going to be elligible for an upgrade?  I'm planning on putting smartphones on 1 or 2 of the lines.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

12 years ago

If you simply change your plan, the lines you mentioned would still be able to upgrade, yes.

However, keep in mind that Mobile Share is a pool of shared data, it will no longer be separate for the lines. Therefore, if one of the lines go over, you will still be charged $15 for the extra 1GB for everyone to use.

Former Employee

• 

63 Messages

12 years ago

Also, non-smartphones are $30 each w/Mobile Share. If you stay at the 1 Gig Data bucket, each phone you change over to a smartphone changes from $30 to $45 as a sharing device. In your current scenario, the 3GS is $45 and your other basic phones are all $30 each.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I just upgraded to Mobile Share, no problems and the order is processing right now. However, when I try upgrading phones, once I select the phone that I want to upgrade to and add to cart, it says that the order could not be completed at the time. Is this because I just upgraded my plan to Mobile Share?

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Go to Verizon!   They have no customer loyalty or support. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@Wheibeck Not sure why you replied to a 9 year old thread but closing this thread. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.