For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
LsuTiger's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 5th, 2017 1:46 PM

Question about upgrades

Hi,

To upgrade my phone i will have pay $50 and turn my phone in. I was aiming for ordering a iPhone X online but the shipment dates are from somewhere around Nov 27-Dec 4.

My questions are that i will pay the 50 to upgrade and order online the iPhone x. So by doing that do i turn in my phone currently right now with out the new iPhone and go without a phone for like a month or so?

Or do I turn my phone in when I physically receive the new phone (3-4 weeks) that i ordered online?  I use my phone a-lot for work and being without it for a month will not work. Thats my dilemma. If any one can shed some light about it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I am pretty sure you are not required to turn in the phone until you receive the new phone. However, rather than trading it in, you should consider paying it off. Once you pay it off, you will be able to order the X and keep your current phone as long as you need it. You will also probably get more for your current phone by getting it unlocked and selling it yourself.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Well if i paid it off i still owe $199...its a iPhone 6s...i would rather just pay the 50 to upgrade and turn the phone in. I just wanted to be sure i could keep my current phone till i received the new one with the shipping times on 3-4 weeks was my concern.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Which basically means you only get $149 for turning it in. A 6s is definitely worth more than that but it’s your money.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.