Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted May 23, 2013
8:58:22 AM
View profile
Question about SIM cards

I currently have the Galaxy S2 and it uses a "normal/big" SIM card.

I am considering upgrarding soon to the Galaxy S4 that uses the "micro SIM" card.

I travel a lot and I dont risk traveling without a "back up phone", so in case something happens or I run out of battery, I switch SIM cards and I am back online.

So my question is.

Can I keep my old (S2) SIM card and have a new micro SIM card in the S4?

I understand that if the answer is yes I wont be using both at the same time.

Is there an expiration date on SIM cards? I read somewhere that if a SIM card is not used for a certain amount of time, it expires.

If the answer is "No", is there a work around to be able to put a micro SIM card to an old phone?

Thank you all in advance

I currently have the Galaxy S2 and it uses a "normal/big" SIM card.

I am considering upgrarding soon to the Galaxy S4 that uses the "micro SIM" card.

I travel a lot and I dont risk traveling without a "back up phone", so in case something happens or I run out of battery, I switch SIM cards and I am back online.

So my question is.

Can I keep my old (S2) SIM card and have a new micro SIM card in the S4?

I understand that if the answer is yes I wont be using both at the same time.

Is there an expiration date on SIM cards? I read somewhere that if a SIM card is not used for a certain amount of time, it expires.

If the answer is "No", is there a work around to be able to put a micro SIM card to an old phone?

Thank you all in advance

No one should take away time from things that matter to make a $600+ device work as advertised, unfortunately we do...
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 23, 2013 10:35:46 AM
(0)
Professor

You cannot have two SIM cards tied to the same number. If you switch to a microSIM, you can get an adapter that will allow you to use the microSIM in your old phone.

Accepted Solution

Question about SIM cards

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 23, 2013 10:35:46 AM
(0)
Professor

You cannot have two SIM cards tied to the same number. If you switch to a microSIM, you can get an adapter that will allow you to use the microSIM in your old phone.

Re: Question about SIM cards

2 of 3 (4,468 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2013 11:17:45 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks Max, that s what I thought too.

Thanks Max, that s what I thought too.

No one should take away time from things that matter to make a $600+ device work as advertised, unfortunately we do...

Re: Question about SIM cards

3 of 3 (4,459 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments