Plan swap

Contributor

Plan swap

I have talked to 4 reps from ATT and have gotten 4 answers to this question. I am due for a phone upgrade in April.

The phone is a flip phone with no data contract.

I have also a Iphone with a data plan.

I want to upgrade the flip phone in April and get the reduced price for a Galaxy 2. But we do not want two data plans. We only need one.

Can I swap the data plan to the Galaxy phone and just use the Iphone for making/recieving calls?

I was told by one rep I could and they would do a data plan swap to my new phone.

I was told by another that I would have to buy another data plan.

I couldn't understand another as they had such heavy accents we had trouble communicating in English.

Any concrete answers would help.

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
Expert

Re: Plan swap

Txsbigfoot wrote:

I have talked to 4 reps from ATT and have gotten 4 answers to this question. I am due for a phone upgrade in April.

The phone is a flip phone with no data contract.

I have also a Iphone with a data plan.

I want to upgrade the flip phone in April and get the reduced price for a Galaxy 2. But we do not want two data plans. We only need one.

Can I swap the data plan to the Galaxy phone and just use the Iphone for making/recieving calls?

I was told by one rep I could and they would do a data plan swap to my new phone.

I was told by another that I would have to buy another data plan.

I couldn't understand another as they had such heavy accents we had trouble communicating in English.

Any concrete answers would help.

Thanks

No, each smartphone requires a data plan, no exceptions

Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support