Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Txsbigfoot's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 28th, 2012 5:24 PM

Plan swap

I have talked to 4 reps from ATT and have gotten 4 answers to this question. I am due for a phone upgrade in April.

The phone is a flip phone with no data contract.

I have also a Iphone with a data plan.

I want to upgrade the flip phone in April and get the reduced price for a Galaxy 2. But we do not want two data plans. We only need one.

Can I swap the data plan to the Galaxy phone and just use the Iphone for making/recieving calls?

I was told by one rep I could and they would do a data plan swap to my new phone.

I was told by another that I would have to buy another data plan.

I couldn't understand another as they had such heavy accents we had trouble communicating in English.

Any concrete answers would help.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@Txsbigfoot wrote:

I have talked to 4 reps from ATT and have gotten 4 answers to this question. I am due for a phone upgrade in April.

The phone is a flip phone with no data contract.

I have also a Iphone with a data plan.

I want to upgrade the flip phone in April and get the reduced price for a Galaxy 2. But we do not want two data plans. We only need one.

Can I swap the data plan to the Galaxy phone and just use the Iphone for making/recieving calls?

I was told by one rep I could and they would do a data plan swap to my new phone.

I was told by another that I would have to buy another data plan.

I couldn't understand another as they had such heavy accents we had trouble communicating in English.

Any concrete answers would help.

Thanks

No, each smartphone requires a data plan, no exceptions

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.