For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
swaying_daisies's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 14th, 2019 4:06 PM

Phone delivered to return center, ATT saying not returned, cancelling refund

2nd post - could an AT&T employee kindly respond?

My husband participated in the AT&T Next trade in program.  He purchased his new phone, had organized the trade-in status online, & returned the old phone in the same box as instructed, with the label that AT&T provided via email.

The phone was delivered to your facility in Fort Worth.  But AT&T is stating they have not received it, & that they have cancelled the return, including the money that he was to be paid for the trade in.  He did return & you did receive the return within the 14 days as required - we have the tracking confirmation of delivery.

We have been on multiple phone calls between Apple & Fovio, who they initially told us had it.  But the delivery was actually to AT&T, so we are trying to connect to the appropriate entity.  This has been since November.

I would sincerely appreciate your help, reaching a customer service representative anywhere that can actually assist us has thus far proven nearly impossible.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide!

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

This is a user-to-user forum with only minimal moderation by AT&T. If you want to contact one of the moderators, you can send a direct message to @ATTCares, but it usually takes a few days for them to respond.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you - the system says ATTCares no longer accepts direct messages, you cannot message them.  There is not a direct way to contact customer support outside of going through the labyrinthine customer service phone line.

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

That's correct, the correct way to reach customer service is by calling them, not through this forum. A moderator may see this post and send a private message, but (again) it's not guaranteed because they review hundreds of forum posts and may take days to respond, if ever.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

All you get when you call customer service is the run around and bullcrap answers. I am starting to think this place is a scam. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This exact same thing is happening to me now! Two and a half weeks and still haven't credited my account for the returned phone.  I can't go buy another one because it still shows I have the xr. This service is ridiculous!😱😡🤬 I've been with them10 years never late on my payments!

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

Two and a half weeks and still haven't credited my account for the returned phone.

Per the Return Policy, "Your refund for a return will be made through the original payment method (credit, debit, check, etc.) and may take up to two months."

Scholar

• 

97 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T losing or denying they received a return/trade-in is an extremely common scenario reported on these message boards.   Others have found AT&T is more responsive once you file a complaint with the BBB.    

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.