Trade In and Get Rewarded!
budney's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 6:42 PM

Paying off a phone on NEXT

I plan on paying off my phone that is on the NEXT program in a few weeks. Is their a grace period before I can get another phone using NEXT on my line?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

If you accelreate payments on the AT&T Next plan, pay off the device and it is posted to your account, you are able to start another Next agreement, go on a two year contract, or buy a device at full retail. There could be a few days of delay before the system sees you as being eligable for a new Next program. 

The Next Plan does not lock you into a contract with AT&T and once the device is fully paid for, you own the device and would no longer be tied to the program making you eligable to upgrade or buy a new phone. 

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

Do you mean can you upgrade after paying off the device? I think you would still have to wait the 12 month period unless you already already met that requirement. As soon as you pay the phone (and posts to your account) and have more than 12 months, then yes you would be able to upgrade.

Payments usually post quickly when you pay with a credit/debit card on myAT&T. So you shouldn't have a problem. 🙂

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I' m locked into a 2 year contract with my Samsung Galaxy S7. I got a free tablet but must pay $10 /mo to use and I believe I have a 2 year contract. Plus even when I pay my phone in full they make me push the delete button on it and take it away. The last phone was working when they took it, it was slow and I was going out of the country and didn't want to take a chance. I asked if I could keep overnight to transfer thousands of irreplaceable pictures and they said no! I think they aren't giving me the full story as they never give me a choice. I think the salesperson is making a bigger commission and taking advantage of my lack of understanding. Help! Thankyou 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Oceandancer You are replying to a 4 year old thread with unrealated information. Please stick to your thread concerning your issue. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.