Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Sean_P's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, November 13th, 2016 8:27 AM

Open Nat Type On Phone Hotspot

Hello, ive been trying for awhile now to achieve getting an open nat type on my ps4 while using my Iphone and sony xperia Z5 premium's hotspot. I tried many things to change my nat type from 3 down to 1, but never worked. Can someone tell me what i could do to change my phones hotspot nat type to Open? Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

This is not an "Accepted Solution" in fact it does not even address the issue. The fact that people have been complaining about this for over 2 years and AT&T has decided to continuously ignore it's customers shows you exactly how much they care.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

I've been using my Mobile Hotspot for 2 years with strict NAT and no restrictions. I could join any party, any game anytime. September 26th 2018 AT&T decided this was unacceptable i suppose(like im cutting corners) now there's some sort of HUGE firewall preventing tethering between my phone and xbox. I called xbox support, AT&T and there was no luck. The AT&T rep did say that alot of people using this method to game and AT&T could have possibly put a stop to this intentionally. Already paying for $300 a month phone plan i was treated like a criminal for using my hotspot. The only reason i use it because i can't get cable or DSL and satelite has terrible speeds. So now i've spent over $1000 on subscriptions and games and its all useless now. Thanks AT&T.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am having the same issue. So frustrating! I will be going to Verizon if it isn't fixed. I can't even watch Netflix, Hulu, or YoutubeTV on my Xbox, now.

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

What does this even mean? Yes, I have the ability to update UPnP on my router settings now, but it doesn't make a different. I cannot get anything but a double NAT type now.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Wait you can get a Nat type 2 now cballew? On your mobile hotspot? Please how?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

You say it’s fixed but I still cannot play any online games on my Xbox. Why?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

6 years ago

Yeah this is criminal. These phone plans are 4x more expensive than DSL and are more restricted and suddenly its "unusable" with xbox. Not to mention the fact that i have a perfectly fine phone line and no access to DSL, still haven't figured that one out yet. I've been with AT&T for 18 years and now they're doing this? Unacceptable, i'm already looking into other options but to no suprise nobody offers internet to my home. Across the street people have DSL and AT&T tells me its not availible here. Do i need to walk into a store and shoot 6 people to get somebodys attention here? They've lost a lifelong customer after this. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Any word on the att fix for this I'm having same issue from the same date with att mobile wireless internet. I've always had a strict nat never had an issue with online gaming with friends and know I cannot.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same issue, I've always had a strict NAT but never had a problem with online gaming and chatting with friends on xbox until now. Hopefully something is done.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I've not been able to connect to any Xbox Live multiplayer services since the evening of 9/26.  We live out in the woods, and our only viable internet option is AT&T cellular.  We have a dedicated line in our household for data, connected to an AT&T hotspot device.  NAT type has always been strict, and never caused any problems before.  Additionally, I usually hotspot my gaming consoles to my iPhone so as not to compete with anyone else in the house using data on the other line, watching Netflix, etc. - again, strict NAT type.  I have tested this issue against both of these lines. 

I am able to log-in to XBL, make Microsoft Store purchases, and play local games.  However, multiplayer services are failing for me on my XB1 (GTA5 online, RDR online, Steep, Minecraft world invites), XB360 (GTA5 online, RDR online, Minecraft world invites), and Windows 10 (Minecraft world invites).

So... pretty sure its not my hardware, per se.

I read in this thread that AT&T may have made a change on 9/26 that is purposely causing this problem - specifically with regard to hotspots (??? !)

I pay decent money to Microsoft for my XBL service.  I pay a TON of money to AT&T every month to have "as-good-as-can-get service" in an area they deem too expensive to actually run lines (even though I'm not that far off the beaten path, and have probably paid enough over the years for them to run fiber to my house directly)...  Someone needs to get this sorted!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.