Trade In and Get Rewarded!
hshokri's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 1st, 2016 1:57 PM

Not having 4G coverage in Samsung Galaxy Note III

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, N9005, which supports LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800). I bought the phone in Sweden, where I have 4G coverage all the time.

I have no LTE (or 4G) coverage from AT&T neither in Boston nor in San Diego. But, I had 4G coverage in Florida (Miami, Palm Beach, and Orlando). Yesterday, I went to an AT&T customer service and they did not find any error in the phone. Is there any explanation? Is it because AT&T supports other LTE bands in San Diego and Boston than in Miami?  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

ATT's LTE bands are  2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850),  17(700) 

Your phone has one band for LTE, not surprised it is mostly on HSPA or 3G

band 17 is primary in most areas

image.png

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Theoretically it should although lack of 1900Mhz may be part of the problem. Call technical support and make sure the provisioning is correct. Sometimes non-AT&T phones will have an IMEI that provisions Mobile Share Value Smartphone and not Mobile Share Value Smartphone 4G LTE (w/VVM). That's crucial to getting LTE because the NSet state will not be trimode but simply 2G/3G (HSPA+ is 4G but it's simply a 3G tech).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I am not sure if it is related or not but they registererd my phone to the network yesterday. They checked my IMEI and did not tell me anything about "Mobile Share Value Smartphone 4G LTE (w/VVM)". I have H+ connection right now, but is 3G as you mentioned. I checked with some apps and they did not find any LTE band that I am connected to. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines - removed extra html code]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.