Trade In and Get Rewarded!
mcasey6747's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 4:10 PM

Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018) TA-1068

Hi,

This is the international version, will this be fully supported on the fully LTE bands for USA?

https://www.amazon.com/Nokia-TA-1068-Unlocked-International-Warranty/dp/B07BVDG8P1

I got the HTC 10 and it was the international version and it went to 3g every time I was on a call.  

Here is the USA version, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nokia-6-1-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-copper-black/6219312.p?skuId=6219312 

But for $30 less I could get the 64GB international version with 4GB of ram which would be awesome if it is indeed fully compatible. 

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This is not correct and completely fake. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T does not want people to buy Unlocked Phones. This is why they don't want to fix these problems.  THIS PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.  May Nokia should sue AT&T for the hostile actions against Unlocked phones.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

This is a big lie.  AT&T is a big lie.  They lie about everything.  They cannot fix anything.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@miamigo97 wrote:

AT&T does not want people to buy Unlocked Phones. This is why they don't want to fix these problems.  THIS PROBLEM IS NOT FIXED.  May Nokia should sue AT&T for the hostile actions against Unlocked phones.

It’s not a problem.  It’s always up to the customer to bring a compatible phone if they aren’t buying one from AT&T.

I’ve had several unlocked non AT&T androids.  You just have to buy one made to work in the USA.  

Pixel 1, 2, Honor 8, oneplus 5t and 6t.  All got LTE just fine.   The 6t even has VoLTE.  

Nokia has no assurances their phones will work with any carrier as they are sold ‘carrier free’, so just how do you think they have right to sue a carrier?  For what?  Isn’t it Nokia’s fault for not brokering a deal with At&t or making a more compatible phone?   

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes make sure you have the US version. After I got a Dummy IMEI number put on my account I was able to access LTE with my nokia 6.1 without issues.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

AT&T rep did not even offer me to have a dummy IMEI number put on my account. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

The phone that I got is made for the US market and I bought it from Best Buy. For the consumer, it does not really matter.  Someone is not really telling the true story here: Nokia, AT&T, or Best Buy.  Best Buy is advertising the Phone as compatible with AT&T.  Nokia is advertising the phone as compatible with AT&T.  The only one that is left out is AT&T.  Why would Nokia manufacture and advertise a phone that is not LTE compatible knowing that the consumer will return the phone if it is not LTE compatible and thereby losing money.  In my opinion, AT&T is controlling which phones can use their services and that, my friend, is wrong from ethical standpoint.  You can say "it is up to customer all you want".  The customer did the research based on the information available on the companies (Best Buy, Nokia, Amazon, etc.) websites.  If they (Best Buy, Nokia, Amazon, etc.) are hiding some facts like bands that the phone uses, then I can agree with you it is not AT&T problem.  However, when this incident happens twice within a year with 2 different phones, then the problem is AT&T.  Take this argument to court of law and, guess what, AT&T will be the guilty one.  When the AT&T rep says immediately that we don't guarantee LTE with unlocked phones, then the problem is not configuration, or APNs, or bands, or even technical.  It is ethical.  When AT&T rep shuts down the customer immediately, it is ethical.  When 3 reps say the same thing, they are prepared to be unethical with their customers. AT&T Thanks program is basically "AT&T Thanks... You can leave us now... we don't really care about the customers."  That is unethical.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

The trick is to go into a store and throw your simcard in any att phone.
Then it tricks att into thinking that its using that phone. Wifi calling,
4GLTE etc all work well. It isn't a hardware or even a software issue,
it's an ATT wanting you to buy phones through them issue. That's what the
post above referencing the dummy IMEI number does as well. Kind of lame we
have to do this, but that's what happens with an oligopoly.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

You are able to get Wi-Fi Calling to work with your Nokia Phone?  I have the IMEI number off a S6 Active but cant seem to get activate wi-fi calling on my nokia 6.1.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@miamigo97 wrote:

The phone that I got is made for the US market and I bought it from Best Buy. For the consumer, it does not really matter.  Someone is not really telling the true story here: Nokia, AT&T, or Best Buy.  Best Buy is advertising the Phone as compatible with AT&T.  Nokia is advertising the phone as compatible with AT&T. 

And it is, with limits.  Moving your SIM card from a previous LTE phone and it would work just fine. 

The only one that is left out is AT&T.   REALLY!  So explain again how ATT is responsible for the phone NOT getting LTE, to the point where you think a lawsuit against ATT is viable?  What is your thought process there?   

Why would Nokia manufacture and advertise a phone that is not LTE compatible knowing that the consumer will return the phone if it is not LTE compatible and thereby losing money.   It is.  And you notice your in a crowd on one person who didn’t get LTE working right?  

In my opinion, AT&T is controlling which phones can use their services and that, my friend, is wrong from ethical standpoint.   Bull.  Carriers have every right to control what and how devices use their network.    You can say "it is up to customer all you want".  The customer did the research based on the information available on the companies (Best Buy, Nokia, Amazon, etc.) websites.  If they (Best Buy, Nokia, Amazon, etc.) are hiding some facts like bands that the phone uses, then I can agree with you it is not AT&T problem.  However, when this incident happens twice within a year with 2 different phones, then the problem is AT&T.  Take this argument to court of law and, guess what, AT&T will be the guilty one.   😂. At&t never said the phone was compatible l so how is AT&T responsible?   Explain your thought process?  

When the AT&T rep says immediately that we don't guarantee LTE with unlocked phones, then the problem is not configuration, or APNs, or bands, or even technical.  It is ethical.   😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂.  Again, explain how that thought works in your head?   I think AT&T has covered its butt well.  The fact that many have non branded phones that work perfectly well belies your assertion.  The Pixel 3 even works with Wifi calling.   

When AT&T rep shuts down the customer immediately, it is ethical.  When 3 reps say the same thing, they are prepared to be unethical with their customers.   Said what?   You haven’t added any information that came from an AT&T rep.  

AT&T Thanks program is basically "AT&T Thanks... You can leave us now... we don't really care about the customers."  That is unethical.    Oh, pluuuleeease.   The Thanks program has yet to have anything I want.  It’s been free Shoes for a no legged man so far.  What does that have to do with your phone not working?   

Read the thread.  The solution has been offered.  You really think At&t employees are going to know or encourage non AT&T phones?  They get no credit for BYOD.  They get credit for selling services and goods.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.