Trade In and Get Rewarded!
add1zone's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 4:59 PM

No more wi-fi on messaging phones??

I notice that the messaging phones currently available (Dec 2012) on AT&T dont support wi-fi ?  Or am I missing something?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@add1zone wrote:
Showing my age, I guess. I'v been using a nokia e71 given to me by att under contract, for the past 4-5 years. Don't use data but it does have wi-fi. Was thinking of upgrading and assumed newer QMD s would have it.

becasue the Nokia E71 was actually a smartphone, in ran the Symbian OS, which is one of the first smartphone OS's on the market. Before 2009 (I think that was the year) a smartphone on att did not require a data plan. When they sunseted teh feature they tied it not only to the phone number but to the device, as long as you kept that phone on the same number the no data plan capability was still there, once you changed the device the feature was removed permently.

There never was a att qmd device that had wireless

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

11 years ago

Curious why you would need WiFi on a QMD..

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@add1zone wrote:

I notice that the messaging phones currently available (Dec 2012) on AT&T dont support wi-fi ?  Or am I missing something?

don;t ever recall any of the QMD devices having wifi, that is going back to 2006

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Showing my age, I guess. I'v been using a nokia e71 given to me by att under contract, for the past 4-5 years. Don't use data but it does have wi-fi. Was thinking of upgrading and assumed newer QMD s would have it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

OK Thanks for educating me.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@add1zone wrote:
OK Thanks for educating me.

you are welcome

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.