Trade In and Get Rewarded!
dwolgemuth's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 9:40 PM

Nexus 5X

I plan to purchase a Google Nexus 5X in the next month or two. I have a few questions specific to the transfer.

1. If I transfer my account to the 5X and still owe payments on my current device, do I just keep paying for the device until complete or will I have to pay in full? I am okay with continuing payments and holding onto the device until I own it.

2. Can I have my account transferred to a new nano-sim and have it mailed to me ahead of time or do I have to go into an AT&T store to transfer my account to the 5X?

3. Will there be any changes to the rates for services on my account after the transfer?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

1. Since you are not getting a new NEXT plan or discounted phone, you do not need to pay off the phone in full but you need to keep making payments until it is paid off.

2. You should be able to get the nano SIM ahead of time, just don't activate it until the phone arrives. Activation can be done online.

3. It should not affect any of your rates since you did not buy the phone from AT&T or AT&T authorized retailer, or get a subsidized phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

payment plans are tied to the account and line.  Yes you can goto a store and get a nano sim.  Your account is not transfered at all.  The sim is just provisioned for the line.  They normally wont just mail out sim cards.  I may be wrong on that if they changed the rules.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.