Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 5, 2014
9:01:22 AM
View profile
New add a line - sales experience.

I apologise if this is going to be long post:

I have called AT&T yesterday around 4:37 PM to inquire adding a new line to my existing familiy share plan. I wanted to purchase a new iPhone 5S 64 GB silver gray . When I have inquired about the price that I need to pay with new 2 year agreement, the representative metioned to me that I just need to pay taxes at the time of purchase. The taxable amount would be Tax on $399 (which is presumably the phone's cost). I was little confused, with the work "today" so then I have asked , please tell me clearly, what do I need to pay today and in future to purchase this phone to add it to a family plan.

She mentiond - I only need to pay taxes on $ 399, $ 15 a month for adding a new phone to the share plan and thats's it. I was still skeptical about it and I asked again that i understand what you are saying that I don't have to pay anything for the phone today and in future , she confirmed it. I have asked at least 10 times repeatively and even asked her to re-confirm by putting a note on the account. Which she did.

So the bottom line is, i was with the sales representative for until 7:10 PM from 4:37 PM. She was very nice and taking her time to order the phone etc etc but I was sure that she is doing it right at the first time. I told her, I would rather spend more time first time to make it right than calling customer serice to fix the issue and dealing with it on the phone. She confirmed everythng and noted on the account.

She mentioned that I will receive an email to accpet the new 2 year agreement etc, and she also mentioned that there will be soft credit check etc.

Today morning, I checked my emails, spams, text etc and I see nothing. I went on to attwireless.com and log in but i dont see any ORDER that placed yesterday.

I have called AT&T and to my surprise, ATT representative mentioned that the phone is on the monthly plan - Whola ! I was surprised, I have asked him to read the notes and tell me what I was told and listen to the recorded tapes that you gues use for "quality and training" purpose. The salesperson hung up on me and left me in the limbo and confused state.

I am with AT&T as a valued customer since 2008 and I have two phone on my family plan. I wasn't expecting such a shady service from the complany of this size, especially when I was dilligent to confirm the undersatanding and called again to confirm.

I have serious doubt about AT&T's ability to have right people on the sales team and getting an honest naswer to customer.

I really need an answer on what is happening with my order etc etc. I didn't expect to have AT&T representative hung up on me when I am requesting information.!!!

Very rude and bad experience!

I have called AT&T yesterday around 4:37 PM to inquire adding a new line to my existing familiy share plan. I wanted to purchase a new iPhone 5S 64 GB silver gray . When I have inquired about the price that I need to pay with new 2 year agreement, the representative metioned to me that I just need to pay taxes at the time of purchase. The taxable amount would be Tax on $399 (which is presumably the phone's cost). I was little confused, with the work "today" so then I have asked , please tell me clearly, what do I need to pay today and in future to purchase this phone to add it to a family plan.

She mentiond - I only need to pay taxes on $ 399, $ 15 a month for adding a new phone to the share plan and thats's it. I was still skeptical about it and I asked again that i understand what you are saying that I don't have to pay anything for the phone today and in future , she confirmed it. I have asked at least 10 times repeatively and even asked her to re-confirm by putting a note on the account. Which she did.

So the bottom line is, i was with the sales representative for until 7:10 PM from 4:37 PM. She was very nice and taking her time to order the phone etc etc but I was sure that she is doing it right at the first time. I told her, I would rather spend more time first time to make it right than calling customer serice to fix the issue and dealing with it on the phone. She confirmed everythng and noted on the account.

She mentioned that I will receive an email to accpet the new 2 year agreement etc, and she also mentioned that there will be soft credit check etc.

Today morning, I checked my emails, spams, text etc and I see nothing. I went on to attwireless.com and log in but i dont see any ORDER that placed yesterday.

I have called AT&T and to my surprise, ATT representative mentioned that the phone is on the monthly plan - Whola ! I was surprised, I have asked him to read the notes and tell me what I was told and listen to the recorded tapes that you gues use for "quality and training" purpose. The salesperson hung up on me and left me in the limbo and confused state.

I am with AT&T as a valued customer since 2008 and I have two phone on my family plan. I wasn't expecting such a shady service from the complany of this size, especially when I was dilligent to confirm the undersatanding and called again to confirm.

I have serious doubt about AT&T's ability to have right people on the sales team and getting an honest naswer to customer.

I really need an answer on what is happening with my order etc etc. I didn't expect to have AT&T representative hung up on me when I am requesting information.!!!

New add a line - sales experience.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 10:46:44 AM
(0)
Former Employee

prasadkolluri wrote:

Sorry, but you are not getting a free phone or getting a phone only for the taxable amount. It sounds like you have been enrolled in the Next program which means you will be paying full price for the iPhone 5S. In addition to the taxes paid up front, you will be billed in equal installments over the length of the plan (either 20 or 26 months). The full price for a 64GB 5S is $849.99 or $42.50/mo on 20 month plan, $32.69/mo on 26 month plan.

However, if you did buy the phone at the 2 year contract price, it would be $399.99 plus tax, but that has to be paid immediately, not just the taxes. Also, if you buy it at the 2 year contract price, you will be charged $40/mo on mobile share for the new line, not $15 and it will stay at $40 for the length of the contract. In other words, you will pay $25 more per month for 24 months (24 * $25 = $600) plus the $399.99 plus a $36 activation fee meaning the iphone actually costs $1035.99. Compare that to $849.99 on the Next plan and the Next plan is actually cheaper.

prasadkolluri wrote:

Sorry, but you are not getting a free phone or getting a phone only for the taxable amount. It sounds like you have been enrolled in the Next program which means you will be paying full price for the iPhone 5S. In addition to the taxes paid up front, you will be billed in equal installments over the length of the plan (either 20 or 26 months). The full price for a 64GB 5S is $849.99 or $42.50/mo on 20 month plan, $32.69/mo on 26 month plan.

However, if you did buy the phone at the 2 year contract price, it would be $399.99 plus tax, but that has to be paid immediately, not just the taxes. Also, if you buy it at the 2 year contract price, you will be charged $40/mo on mobile share for the new line, not $15 and it will stay at $40 for the length of the contract. In other words, you will pay $25 more per month for 24 months (24 * $25 = $600) plus the $399.99 plus a $36 activation fee meaning the iphone actually costs $1035.99. Compare that to $849.99 on the Next plan and the Next plan is actually cheaper.

Re: New add a line - sales experience.

2 of 4 (551 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 5, 2014 4:57:17 PM
(0)
Contributor
That is not what I was told. I would advice AT&T to go back and read the notes on the account and listen to the conversation I had with the rep.
I was skeptical about this so I have asked while on the phone at least 10 (yes 10)times to confirm my understanding .
Why does the sales team makes the false promises.
I wasn't expecting the free phone but I was misled and made false promises by sales rep . That is my point .

That is not what I was told. I would advice AT&T to go back and read the notes on the account and listen to the conversation I had with the rep.
I was skeptical about this so I have asked while on the phone at least 10 (yes 10)times to confirm my understanding .
Why does the sales team makes the false promises.
I wasn't expecting the free phone but I was misled and made false promises by sales rep . That is my point .

3 of 4 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2014 1:49:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
You did the right thing to come to this forum and post question. I'll explain it for you.

For the next program, you always have to pay for the full retail price of the phone. So, if you know the retail price at apple store is 849.99, that price will be the same in any att store.even if there's any discount, the discount shouldn't be any more than 50 dollars, but usually is not the case not that I seen of in the past 5 years experience in wireless industry. The way how you pay the full retail price will be on installment plan, like when you are buying a car and paying for the car for a number of fixed months, and then you own the car. So, this is the next program. Anybody tell you otherwise, always double check before you believe in them. Nowadays in sales field, a lot of misinform. Therefore, you be better off to have doubt on employees of att than trusting them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post it, I constantly check on this forum, so I'll provide feedback and comments.
You did the right thing to come to this forum and post question. I'll explain it for you.

For the next program, you always have to pay for the full retail price of the phone. So, if you know the retail price at apple store is 849.99, that price will be the same in any att store.even if there's any discount, the discount shouldn't be any more than 50 dollars, but usually is not the case not that I seen of in the past 5 years experience in wireless industry. The way how you pay the full retail price will be on installment plan, like when you are buying a car and paying for the car for a number of fixed months, and then you own the car. So, this is the next program. Anybody tell you otherwise, always double check before you believe in them. Nowadays in sales field, a lot of misinform. Therefore, you be better off to have doubt on employees of att than trusting them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post it, I constantly check on this forum, so I'll provide feedback and comments.

4 of 4 (374 Views)