Trade In and Get Rewarded!
kathied41's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 7th, 2014 2:49 AM

My go phone zte died and the windows phone I replaced it with has a micro sim card slot

Do I have to use the micro and have a new #? And since I just pd $60 for my monthly plan on thurs can Att just switch it over to new phone??

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@kathied41 wrote:

Do I have to use the micro and have a new #? And since I just pd $60 for my monthly plan on thurs can Att just switch it over to new phone??

If you go into a Corporate AT&T store, they should be able to get you a new SIM card for your phone so you can keep the same number. 

If you are a risk taker, you could try to cut the SIM card down yourself, but I don't normally recommend doing that, as you could destroy it completely if you cut it wrong.  I only mention it because back when I was using my iPhone 4, I upgraded it to an iPhone 5 and my employer told me I could replace my work Blackberry with my personal iPhone 4 if I wanted.  Rather than wait for the new SIM card to arrive, I decided to try cutting the old Blackberry SIM card down just using a pair of scissors.  In my case, it worked just fine, but I havd my old iPhone 4 micro-SIM to use as a pattern for cutting the larger one down.

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @kathied41 

You can visit any AT&T Company Owned Retail store and get a new SIM for your device free of charge. 

We don't recommend cutting down your SIM card as if you cut it too small or too large you can damage the SIM tray/slot and render your new device unusable. 

You can find your nearest AT&T Company store by clicking Here

Hope this helps!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.