Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Loyalty department

Contributor

Loyalty department

How do I send an email regarding the phone call that I had with a representative who just hung up when asked for a manager? 

We were talking politely to her and she seemed irritated. I want the phone call to be traced and reviewed.Its unacceptable to be rude to a customer.

Is there any email that I can send the details of the phone number and the time I called? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Loyalty department

ATT does not do customer support via email. There is no email address for customer support. File an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

People have bad days just like you do.  Give him/her a break instead of the tattle tale thing.

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I had the same experience two weeks at the beginning of September.  I was on the phone with her for a couple of hours trying to fix everything that has plagued my count for several years with nothing but runaround by different departments. I was polite but she was extremely rude and unprofessional and called me a liar when I told her I had called etc. Then I thought she had set me up with the unlimited plan i had called about because my daughter was moving to Mexico the next week and she confirmed she had. Then I asked to get money back for all of the over charges of things that weren’t our on our bill and she said she’d have to put me on hold to talk to her manager and after a minute she hung up. I assumed she call back since I could call her and we weren’t done but she didn’t. After a week in Mexico my daughter gets a notice that she owed $100 for data that was supposed to be unlimited so I told her it was a mistake that we had a new plan. A couple days later she got another notice saying she/I owed $300 for data so I called the loyalty department back and talked to a guy this time who was mildly polite and told him that I had the new plan as two weeks ago but we were getting notices and told him what happened in the previous call and how she never called back. He had to ask because somehow he couldn’t see when I had called. He found the notes from her on my account saying that she had offered me the unlimited plan but I had turned it down and hung up on her and that when she tried to call back the lines were to congested at her job that she could call out!  I was furious because that doesn’t even make any sense that 1) I had hung up so she tried to call back and 2) that it was too congested. I’ve worked in telecom and it doesn’t work like that. I told them to pull up the call and listen to it and I wasn’t paying for the charges. I asked to talk to a manager and he put me on hold and came back and said that I couldn’t talk to a manager because she was working in a different state but they would forward the complaint on. I even thought maybe she was having a bad day even if she was beyond ugly and rude but to never do her job and change my plan that “I” had called and asked for and she had assured me it was set up and the two things that had been on my account that we didn’t even have the equipment or use for for the past 5 years with no approval was also removed. I found out she had removed 1 but not the other. She gave me a lot of wrong information on some other questions. Bottom line, bad day or not her job is not only customer service but the best customer service department for long standing customers with problems. It’s her job  to put her problems aside and be as friendly as possible. It’s her job not to hang up on the customer and then lie about the customer knowing that if the customer tried to file a complaint it would go against them because of her notes. On top of that I trusted after her reassurance that she had changed my plans knowing my daughter was moving to Mexico the next week. Then the next person couldn’t/wouldn’t let me talk to a manager or a manager wouldn’t help me. ATT is a giant that over charges their customers in every part of their business without the quality or care to back it. I expect more out of a company of that size but i think the size is the problem. I think it’s probably the same girl as you talked to. It sounds pretty close to the same thing. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support