Explore & discover

Helpful Links

LG G5 Android 8 update

Contributor

LG G5 Android 8 update

Hi,

is it possible to roll out the Android 8 update in other countries than the US too.

I'm using my G5 from ATT in Europe.

As it is the final update and the phone isn't a lead device anymore, it would be nice to make the update possible outside the US.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Stabilo81
‎04-28-2019 2:52 AM

Re: LG G5 Android 8 update

Nope.  Att only updates active att customer phones.  And you have to be in the USA to do it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Ok. But can’t they make a difference between devices that are sold now and phones they don’t offer anymore to costumers?

I’m not saying, that they should enable updates for every phone outside the US. Just for the ones they don’t sell anymore.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

That’s not how it works.  The updates for AT&T branded androids are only on At&t servers.  To connect to the server, you must be connected to the At&t cellular network. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support