Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Keeping my unlimited plan when upgrading device

Contributor

Keeping my unlimited plan when upgrading device

I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Message 1 of 15
ACE - Sage

Re: Unlimited plan

Buy at full retail price, $649 or greater.
(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 15
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by (Professor)
Accepted by Busternutt
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

@TTTBBB wrote:
I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan.

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 15
Professor

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
Message 4 of 15
ACE - Professor

@Busternutt wrote:

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

No problem. I redited my reply about going Apple Store online. AT&T Corperate Store is best answer.Smiley LOL

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Message 5 of 15
ACE - Guru

All you get is 3gb with unlimited plan anyway.
Alex

Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.
Message 6 of 15
Contributor

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

Message 7 of 15
ACE - Expert

@LouieTheLug wrote:

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

ATT no longer throttles unlimited plan users at preset limits. Unlimited now is really unlimited.

Message 8 of 15
Contributor

O' cool... Thanks,
When did this Truly unlimited start?

Message 9 of 15
ACE - Guru

I would guess after AT&T had to pay all that money for not telling customers that they would be throttling their plans.

Alex

Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.
Message 10 of 15
Contributor

were they throttling the unlimited plan users at one time?

Message 11 of 15
Contributor

did it go to the customers

Message 12 of 15
Contributor

did it go to the customers

Message 13 of 15
Contributor

Did what go to the customers?

Message 14 of 15
ACE - Guru

Hello,

This article may help.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/06/17/fcc-fines-att-100-million/28863455/

Have a nice night.

Alex

Message 15 of 15
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support