For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
TTTBBB's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 14th, 2015 10:33 PM

Keeping my unlimited plan when upgrading device

I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@TTTBBB wrote:
I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

Buy at full retail price, $649 or greater.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

9 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

No problem. I redited my reply about going Apple Store online. AT&T Corperate Store is best answer.Smiley LOL

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

All you get is 3gb with unlimited plan anyway.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

@LouieTheLug wrote:

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

ATT no longer throttles unlimited plan users at preset limits. Unlimited now is really unlimited.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

O' cool... Thanks,
When did this Truly unlimited start?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

I would guess after AT&T had to pay all that money for not telling customers that they would be throttling their plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

were they throttling the unlimited plan users at one time?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.