For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Jmayur4316's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, November 13th, 2017 5:13 AM

Iphone 8 free offer when you buy Iphone X

Hi,

i just came across this news that, ATnT is offering new iphone 8 64GB FREE when you add a new line and if IphoneX is bought with ATnT next.

need to know more about this offer.

Thanks.!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Probably not. Generally the two phones have to be bought at the same time and be on the same receipt to get the promotion plus I'm not sure the promotion was available on the 4th anyway. If you bought at a corporate store, go back to the store and see what they can do. Otherwise, since you are still within the 14 day return period, you can still return it and buy the two phones together. There will be a $45 restocking fee to return the X and depending on how and where it is returned, you may not be able to just re-buy that phone.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

What more do you need to know? Just like any other buy one get one offer, both phones must be bought on Next plans and you must add a new line. The “free” phone will get charged each month on the Next plan but also get a credit each month equal to the price of the 64GB model divided by the number of payments. If you buy a more expensive iPhone 8, you pay the difference.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the response.

I just bought the iphone X with ATnT NEXT on *Nov 4th, 2017.*

*But since I dint know about the offer, I dint opt for the another Iphone 8
along with that.*

*Can I buy the iphone 8 now with additional line and still avail the offer?*

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks a lot for the response. I will check What I can do.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Do not get into this scam with att. I purchase two iPhones 6s plus about a year and a half ago and was told by the sales associate that if I wanted to pay off the phone the second would automatically be paid off by att as well. Today I paid off the phone and double checked with the representative over the phone and he said that I have to pay off the phone that was supposed to be free if I want to get out of the contract. I was never informed of this and I do not wish to stay with a company that will find ways to steal my money. I recommend you do not fall into this scam and find another carrier or buy the phone upright. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Richard123 wrote:

Do not get into this scam with att. I purchase two iPhones 6s plus about a year and a half ago and was told by the sales associate that if I wanted to pay off the phone the second would automatically be paid off by att as well. Today I paid off the phone and double checked with the representative over the phone and he said that I have to pay off the phone that was supposed to be free if I want to get out of the contract. I was never informed of this and I do not wish to stay with a company that will find ways to steal my money. I recommend you do not fall into this scam and find another carrier or buy the phone upright. 

The BOGO is not a scam.  The explanation you received was flawed.  The written offer is not.

You can pay off the BUY ONE after credits start.  But the GET ONE must remain on installments for the full term to receive all credits.

So yes, you pay off one phone, ATT pays off the other, under their terms, which you agreed to.

IMG_4904.PNGimage.jpeg  

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If you do chance, do not go to sprint. I tried it out for 14 days with the understanding that they would hold our phones during that time. When we returned everything, they shipped our original phones right in front of us, causing us to be without our phones. I promise you won’t get better service than AT&T. However, if I were you I’d speak to an individual that’s higher up position. They are very accommodating, although you’ll have to continue to repeat your explanation quite a few times to get to the right person, but in my opinion, it’s worth your time rather than having poor service. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 years ago

@Jaime683  Just so no one thinks At&t will return phones, they won’t.  Once you hand them over, you won’t get them back.  Neither will Verizon.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I bought two phones under this promo and was just told by att that they aren’t honoring because the promo never existed even though I have chat transcript that proves it’s existence. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Keesh08 I’m not saying the promo didn’t exist, but chat transcripts don’t prove it did. Chat agents have been known to be wrong and ATT won’t honor what they said if they were wrong.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.