For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Jennifer7679's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 3rd, 2016 1:49 AM

Installment plan

I have my last installment payment due on my next bill. Am I understanding correct that if I wanted to upgrade and keep this phone I pay the 19.00 I owe and it's mine and I can get a new phone correct?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

If the phone is paid in full, it is yours to keep (or sell) and you can get a new phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

408 Messages

8 years ago

Hello @Jennifer7679!

Yes, you are correct. Once you pay off your Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) balance, you get to own your device, and you can even submit a Device Unlock Request if you were thinking of selling it to a non-AT&T customer.

To know the EIP balance, and/or pay it off, log into MyAT&T app and follow these steps:

1. Tap Continue to account details menu Mobile menu button. Or tap menu.
  2. Tap Billing & payments
  3. Scroll down and tap Manage your installment plan.
  4. Tap the installment plan you want to manage.
  5. Review the details and tap the Make a plan payment. If you do not see this option, you need to contact us to pay off the installment balance.
  6. Read the important information, and tap the Yes, continue button.
  7. Review the payoff amount and follow the prompts to enter payment information.
  8. Review your payment information and follow the prompts to submit your installment pay off.  

For more important details on how to manage your EIP visit:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1011871

You can also explore your Upgrade Options and even order your new device by following these steps:

• Tap menu Mobile menu icon.
  • Tap MyAT&T overview.
  • Scroll down and tap Check upgrade eligibility.
  • Upgrade eligibility options for each line on your account will be displayed.
  • Tap the device you want to upgrade.
  • Follow the prompts to select your new device, accessories, and features. We strongly recommend you add Device Protection to insure your new phone against damage and loss.
  • Follow the prompts to check out and submit your order.

For more important details on how to check your Upgrade Eligibility visit:
https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1002380

Hope it helps!
Misael

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Jennifer7679 wrote:
I have my last installment payment due on my next bill. Am I understanding correct that if I wanted to upgrade and keep this phone I pay the 19.00 I owe and it's mine and I can get a new phone correct?

Or you can keep using it and enojy saving $19 a month!  🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Are we able to make extra payments on our installment plan? On the website I could only find a way to pay it off, not make an extra payment. I would like to pay extra when possible just to help get it paid off sooner. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@ruby7373

No.   You can pay off only.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.