Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I keep getting this message ever since my phone uploaded the latest update

Highlighted
Contributor

I keep getting this message ever since my phone uploaded the latest update

So ever since my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 updated recently, I've been getting this Connection Status message saying "Oops! To access Wi-Fi from this Hotspot, you may need to accept terms of use or log in. Open browser to continue? Yes or Cancel"
It's superty duper a-frickin-nnoying! Also, it makes no sense because I have great, fast internet, which my work has as well. I don't understand!!!!!!
Message 1 of 2
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Hays4horses
‎07-01-2016 8:55 AM

Re: I keep getting this message ever since my phone uploaded the latest update

It's called "captive portal login", and is typically enabled on guest networks.  For example, on my semi-commercial APs, I can set up a fully isolated guest network, requiring this type of approval, an extra passcode, etc.

Is it possible that you're connecting, accidentally or otherwise, to a "guest" network, at either place?  This is the most likely scenario.

The best thing to do is probably to open WiFi, and turn off all automatic WiFi networks, and explicitly connect to a known network (non-guest).  This should correct this situation, for that network.

If this is the case, then you need to figure out what the other networks are, and which ones you "should" be connecting to, at the appropriate location(s).

I hope this makse sense, I could probably find a diagram if it doesn't?

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as "accept-solution", and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). FYI: I'm an AT&T end-user, just like most of us in the forum. Thanks.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support