Explore & discover

Helpful Links

I'd like to swap phones on my go phone account

Contributor

I'd like to swap phones on my go phone account

I currently have a ZTE Maven and I've recently purchased a used At&T Samsung Galaxy Note Edge. Can I switch from my old phone to my new phone without losing anything? Is the sim in my Maven compatibile with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge? Is it just a matter of taking the sim out of one phone and placing it in the other and maybe registering the IMEI number somewhere? Thanks for any and all help!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 3
ACE - Sage

Re: I'd like to swap phones on my go phone account

If the SIM card is the same size, just move the SIM card.  

If you have ATT messages back up and sync, your text will sync back to the new phone.

Use tap and go to transfer your information.  

If the SIM card is the wrong size, you can get your balance transferred to a new SIM card at an ATT corporate store.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: I'd like to swap phones on my go phone account

Great! Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I had sync and messenger setup, but I'm missing several contacts and there's no text history. Is there something I can do with the Maven before I change over?

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support