Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to change the IMEI number and SIM ICCID for my phone number

Highlighted
Contributor

How to change the IMEI number and SIM ICCID for my phone number

I already have an account, phone number and plan for an old Flip phone. 

AT&T sent an new phone but it has a new SIM card.  How do I swap the IMEI # and the new Sim ICCID to my new phone, for my phone number in the system? 

I followed the directions to activate and that website assumes I am trying to activate a new phone and not move my phine info and Sim to the new details os the new phone. So it does not work.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by Community Support (Community Support)
Accepted by ATTMobilityCare
‎08-15-2016 11:57 AM

Re: How to change the IMEI number and SIM ICCID for my phone number

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008711

The phone would come with a SIM card installed, ready to activate.  Use the above link to instructions.

If you still have trouble, call from another phone.  I was able to activate an iPad with their help.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

It does not work for me. I have LTE on my iphone and HSPA on my moto G

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Sage

If the Moto is not an ATT phone, or doesn't have the correct LTE bands, it may only get HSPA+

Which model number is the Moto? 

Is it an ATT branded phone?

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support