Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How do I get what I was promises?

Tutor

How do I get what I was promises?

I was misled by AT&T local store in Portsmouth, Ohio. They said that a program existed, and it did, where I can trade my old phone back for $650 when I buy a new iPhone. They said the deadline was Sept. 30 and they told me this on Thursday Sept. 22. I went back yesterday, 27th and they informed me that they were wrong. They said that the sell ended the 25th. They admitted that they were wrong. I would have bought the phone before the 25th but I was told the 30th. I was not the only one.
I am punished by their mistake. They now said that I can get $150 for the old phone. Unfortunately, I now have to pay $500 more because of their mistake. I will go and talk to Verizon unless AT&T stands with what they have told me. I was misled. Why can't I get the deal that I was promised?
Message 1 of 19
ACE - Sage

Re: How do I get what I was promises?

https://www.att.com/cellphones/iphone/iphone-7.html#sku=sku8040300

Promotion was just extended. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

Promotion was just extended. 

All I see is a port in option. Am I missing it?

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 6.07.39 PM.png

And this part won't be an issue later  😉

"Offer Limits: 1 free device per wireless account per 12 month period"

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 19
ACE - Sage

Oh, I missed that..

Your right it's a different promotion. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 18 of 19
ACE - Expert

@lizdance40 wrote:

Oh, I missed that..

Your right it's a different promotion. 

Someone on these forums taught me that I have to read the fine print!

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Message 19 of 19
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
NEW - Take a look at our best value & price ever for unlimited wireless - AT&T Unlimited Starter and AT&T Unlimited Extra plans!

Additional Support