Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Portsm's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 12:15 AM

How do I get what I was promises?

I was misled by AT&T local store in Portsmouth, Ohio. They said that a program existed, and it did, where I can trade my old phone back for $650 when I buy a new iPhone. They said the deadline was Sept. 30 and they told me this on Thursday Sept. 22. I went back yesterday, 27th and they informed me that they were wrong. They said that the sell ended the 25th. They admitted that they were wrong. I would have bought the phone before the 25th but I was told the 30th. I was not the only one.
I am punished by their mistake. They now said that I can get $150 for the old phone. Unfortunately, I now have to pay $500 more because of their mistake. I will go and talk to Verizon unless AT&T stands with what they have told me. I was misled. Why can't I get the deal that I was promised?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Portsm,

Unfortunately no end date for this promotion was given, except for in Puerto Rico where it was stated as 9/30/16. News didn't break until about the 23rd that the promotion was going to end on the 25th.

As far as anything being able to be done, it's going to be a no. Once a promotion has ended, you would no longer qualify for it. You weren't entering into any agreement by being told that the promotion ended on the 30th. The rep also most likely honestly at that time thought that the Puerto Rico date of the 30th would be what happened for the US as well. I know a lot of us here on the fourm did as well.

While Verizon is currently offering their free iPhone 7 promotion currently, by tomorrow it could be gone as well. You also do need to consider things such as coverage where you need it, the service price vs what you get, etc. and not just consider the iPhone promotion. That free iPhone won't mean anything if you can't use it where you need to. Not trying to lecture you, just want to make sure you take everything into consideration

I don't blame you for being mad, I would be too, and I wish I had a better answer for you. But unfortunately AT&T is just going to ask why you didn't do it on the 22nd when you were in the store.

Sorry for the answer I'm sure you wish was different, but I hope you have a great day!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Cross their heart or pinky swear?   Neither.  

I get your disappointed.  If your current phone is it excellent condition, you don't need a new phone that bad.  Neither Apple or ATT is required to give you a phone.  

The original add below is printed Lmted time offer, so that you wouldn't dawdle on the way to order a phone.

IMG_4709.PNG

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

The program was till 9/30 in Puerto Rico.  It ended on 9/25 for the rest of ATT

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

This was sponsored by Apple, we must assume they met sales goals or had no more stock to meet future sales.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

They still should honor their promise.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I can wait till next year. I willl keep an eye out on deals. I can afford a new one but it is the fact that I was told the 30th. I was busy with my job and worked out of town during the weekend or I would have got it before the 25th.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

You could have ordered online.  The previous phone had to be paid off or out of contract.  If you bought the 6s on contract you were not eligible.  If you owe on Next it had to be paid off.

keep in mind for next year.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The offer actually did not have a concrete end date (Sept. 30th for Puerto Rico). Limited time means limited time and that it can be subject to end at any time. It just happened to be the 25th.

A rep making a verbal statement that isn't factual or wrong doesn't change anything really. What's in writing is what is set in stone.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Portsm wrote:
They still should honor their promise.

You know the guys at the store can't just make that happen for you, right?

This stuff all gets run by the computer and each month when it's time to spit out the credits the computer is going to say, "they bought it too late, no credits".

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

so I went to the store on 9/24 and asked one of their ATT employees when was the ending date she said 9/30.... I told her is it 9/30 for Puerto Rico? she said no. So I called costumer service and they told me the offer ended on 9/25. so I rushed to the store and tried to upgrade two lines, this girl upgraded one line and the other their server crash. so I have been dealing with Loyalty department form ATT to have them HONOR this offer, today I have been talking to 5 different people from ATT and finally I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back with my order number, the supervisor was supposed to be able to HONOR this offer due to their on lack of information, the girl at ATT store never made me sign for Terms and Conditions and this is why the order never went thru. ATT is a great company, but some if their employees are NOT.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@arguello_1973 wrote:

so I went to the store on 9/24 and asked one of their ATT employees when was the ending date she said 9/30.... I told her is it 9/30 for Puerto Rico? she said no. So I called costumer service and they told me the offer ended on 9/25. so I rushed to the store and tried to upgrade two lines, this girl upgraded one line and the other their server crash. so I have been dealing with Loyalty department form ATT to have them HONOR this offer, today I have been talking to 5 different people from ATT and finally I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back with my order number, the supervisor was supposed to be able to HONOR this offer due to their on lack of information, the girl at ATT store never made me sign for Terms and Conditions and this is why the order never went thru. ATT is a great company, but some if their employees are NOT.

So you were at the store and they said the offer was in effect.

Then you left the store and called AT&T and they told you it was ending.

Then you went back to the store to get it.

My question:

Why didn't you get it or order it the first time you were there?

Or order it from home after you got off the phone?

I'm asking because many of those complaining of this issue had the chance to take advantage of this awesome offer, left the offer on the table, and when the came back it wasn't there any more. Many are acting like this is the end of the world and that they were lied to. If this was a fabulous offer why not grab it ASAP? Why go make more phone calls?

I was nervous to wait!  

For example, tickets for the Halloween Party are on sale half-off until 9/30, that's very clear; but if they're all gone before then (9/25) then I can't complain that I can't get the deal any more, the tickets are gone! And (in this example) regardless of when I get the tickets I still have to wait, with the iPhone, the sooner I order the sooner I get it; at the time waiting two more days was pushing the wait out another week as the demand was so high...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.