Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ScrltOTara's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 6:33 PM

Hate my new phone

I switched from an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy 5.  I HATE IT.  Battery life is like 4 hours, the mail does not sync between phone and PC like my iPhone did, and the functionality to use it through my car radio is HALF what the iPhone was.  I tried to give it a chance, which, unfortunately too me beyond 14 days (that's way too short).  Do I have any options or do I just have to hate it until my 18 months is up?

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 years ago

You can keep using the phone until the 18 months is up or you can purchase any phone you want for full retail.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@ScrltOTara wrote:

I switched from an iPhone to the Samsung Galaxy 5.  I HATE IT.  Battery life is like 4 hours, the mail does not sync between phone and PC like my iPhone did, and the functionality to use it through my car radio is HALF what the iPhone was.  I tried to give it a chance, which, unfortunately too me beyond 14 days (that's way too short).  Do I have any options or do I just have to hate it until my 18 months is up?

You mention 18 months, does that mean that you purchased the phone using a NEXT 18 program?  If so, you could "buy-out" the program after you have completed 2 months, meaning that you would pay 16 more monthly installments all at once, then trade in the phone and start a new NEXT program for a new phone.  Granted, that won't be cheap, but it will keep you from having to keep a phone you hate for that long.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Pay it off sell it.  then get a new phone.  What email are you using that you need to sync it to PC may I ask?  I mean you can access gmail from almost any device.  As for the car yeah the wifes kia is like that more functions for crapple junk than android.  My solution was to get a cheap ipod touch and teather it to her phone.  Now all the functions work with google music.  You have to have something else running to get that bad of battery life.  I can get 2 days out of my G3 if I push it.  My s5 got a day easy and im a heavy user.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have two AT&T Iphone 6S and we hate them. They are less that 60 days old, with boxes and everything. I just want to go back to Samsung S6 or S7. Does anybody want to trade very clean phone for Phone ? I was thinking there are people out there that went with the Samsung and hate them....

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Your best bet is to sell them on eBay.  You should get a great price for them.  Then buy the phone you want.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@cazzieeee

The data plan is not different.  Don't know where you got that information.  SIM cards can't be swapped between non phones, or phone to tablet.  But any SIM card for an LTE phone works in any other LTE phone.  

I regularly switch between phones, including an IPhone 5s and iPhone 6 Plus and my android phones.   As long as iMessage stays off, switching is just popping the SIM card out of one phone and into the other.

If you don't like your phone, sell it on eBay and buy the one you want.  Swap SIM cards and your good to go.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 What if Messages (iMessage) is on?

@ScrltOTara Keep in mind, the longer you wait the less valuable the Samsung Galaxy 5 becomes.  Go get an iPhone (or start using your old one again if you still have it).  Pay off the Samsung and be happy for the next 18 months.  

And never stop drinking the iPhone Kool-Aid again!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Gary L. It seems to mess up the message system.  My text messages wouldn't go through, even though I had my phone  number and Apple ID for send and receive. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 After I wrote that I started to remember some problems with that.  

Apple Messages attaches to the IMEI (or some other internal) number or something that lets it remember the phone. 

I thought they would have fixed this by now (if new iCloud user at same IMEI, then release other iCloud messaging account). I'm sure it's more complicated then that, but it's still a problem then it's a real issue.  

Hopefully all the iPhones I've sold I logged out properly before erasing them...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.