Trade In and Get Rewarded!
lordcochise's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Friday, September 14th, 2018 6:21 PM

'Give One, Get one' buy one get one free upgrade program

So currently I see all the BOGO deals on phones, and there seems to be a discrepancy in the descriptions.  In most places, I'm seeing 'Give one, get one' as either buying or upgrading phones via ATT Next, which require you to add a line to obtain the free phone.  I have 2 existing lines that have the 'Give one, get one' promo, and these do NOT specify that you have to add a line.  I'd be willing to ATT Next both lines up with current models to get that deal, but by the time I get to checkout, it does seem to indicate that you have to add a line to get the deal, at least by the path of clicks I got there.

SO I assume the BOGO is ONLY if you add a new line, but wanted to be 100% sure before I go about any upgrading and accidentally leaving up to like $1k of hardware cost on the table..

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@lordcochise

All free phone deals require some kind of new service.  Current ones a NEW LINE.

Not sure where your wording is from, BOGO is for Buy One, Get One.   

BOGO: Limit time. Requires one new line. Eligible Free Devices: Apple iPhone 8 64GB ($599.99), iPhone 8 Plus 64GB ($699.99) or Samsung Galaxy S9 ($790). Must be from same manufacturer. Buy each on 0% APR AT&T Next (30 mos. up to $26.34/mo.) or AT&T Next Every Year (24 mos. up to $32.92/mo.). Tax on full retail price of both due at sale. After all credits, get iPhone 8 64GB, iPhone 8 Plus 64GB, or Samsung Galaxy S9 for free. Credits may be applied towards other elig. devices; iPhone 8 256GB, 8 Plus 256GB, X, Xs, or Xs Max (priced up to $1450), or Samsung Galaxy S9+, or Note9 (priced up to $1250), which will be discounted but not free. May mix elig. devices from the same manufacturer, but credit will not exceed max bill credit for the device manufacturer ($700 for Apple; $790 for Samsung).  Req’d Wireless: Postpaid wireless voice & data on both devices (min. $65/mo. if new with autopay and paperless bill discount. Pay $75/mo. until discount starts w/in 2 bills. Existing customers can add to current plans). If you cancel wireless on one, will owe that device balance of up to $1,450. Activation/Upgrade Fee: $30/each. Return: Return w/in 14 days. Restocking fee up to $45 each may apply. Add’l BOGO terms for customers w/consumer acct & Subscriber Paid User acct: Buy one device must be on Subscriber Paid User acct & free/discounted device must be on the consumer acct.  Billing addresses for Subscriber Paid User & consumer

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

AFAIK you;re right, and I saw all of the boilerplate, it's just that the graphics on the individual eligible handsets specifically say 'Give One, Get One' and the small print next to the graphics does NOT specify a new line is required, whereas elsewhere in the site it DOES appear on the handset graphics, so there might have been a chance that a special deal was applicable on my specific account, but I could find no definitive info on it; hence, just making sure.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

Any time you don’t see a catch, it warrants suspicion. 👍🏼 Good thing you checked. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have dealt with the office of the president at att and the att store manger x 4 because I have the exact issue . Upgrade states buy one give one . The corporate store would not honor it and senior manager at att office of the president states a new line is needed even though it is not stated - trade in is stated. Per conversation she stated she will let marketing people know but will not honor offer . This is fraudulent and deceptive practices and I have gone to the attorney general , FTC , FCC and BBB. After 15 years of my loyal business they still try to screw the customer. After my conversation with the senior manager the upgrade offer was immediately deleted from my offers

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Backdr10 wrote:

I have dealt with the office of the president at att and the att store manger x 4 because I have the exact issue . Upgrade states buy one give one . The corporate store would not honor it and senior manager at att office of the president states a new line is needed even though it is not stated - trade in is stated. Per conversation she stated she will let marketing people know but will not honor offer . This is fraudulent and deceptive practices and I have gone to the attorney general , FTC , FCC and BBB. After 15 years of my loyal business they still try to screw the customer. After my conversation with the senior manager the upgrade offer was immediately deleted from my offers

So this supposed offer is vapor now?   

Every offer published had a catch, ie new services required.  So you are going to convince the alphabet crew you got an offer without a catch, but the offer is not anywhere in print anymore?   Tilting at windmills dear.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.