Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 7, 2012
11:33:35 AM
View profile
Give My Upgraded Phone to Family Plan Member Possible?

On my plan, I am available for an upgrade on my 3GS. My daughter is not yet eligible on her plan, which I pay for as one of the phones on our overall plan.

Is it possible for me to get the upgraded phone on my plan and give her the 4S to use with her number, keeping my 3GS on my number? Then, later, use her plan to upgrade my phone when the iPhone 5 comes out?

Thanks...

On my plan, I am available for an upgrade on my 3GS. My daughter is not yet eligible on her plan, which I pay for as one of the phones on our overall plan.

Is it possible for me to get the upgraded phone on my plan and give her the 4S to use with her number, keeping my 3GS on my number? Then, later, use her plan to upgrade my phone when the iPhone 5 comes out?

Thanks...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 7, 2012 11:42:06 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes you can.

After receiving the phone, you will have to call in to the number provided on the activation pamphlet in the box, to change the number on the provided sim card to her phone number. It will have a micro sim card, instead of the regular sim card in her current phone and your 3GS.

Accepted Solution

Give My Upgraded Phone to Family Plan Member Possible?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 7, 2012 11:42:06 AM
(0)
Guru

Yes you can.

After receiving the phone, you will have to call in to the number provided on the activation pamphlet in the box, to change the number on the provided sim card to her phone number. It will have a micro sim card, instead of the regular sim card in her current phone and your 3GS.

Yes you can.

Re: Give My Upgraded Phone to Family Plan Member Possible?

2 of 5 (3,758 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 2:42:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks!
Thanks!

3 of 5 (3,734 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 3:53:17 PM
(0)
Expert

remember a data plan will be required for your daughter whne you do that

remember a data plan will be required for your daughter whne you do that

4 of 5 (3,733 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 7, 2012 6:34:05 PM
(0)
Tutor

Understood... She has a blackberry now.

Understood... She has a blackberry now.

5 of 5 (3,727 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments