For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
infamous619's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 2:00 AM

Do I upgrade before or after?

-I am currently under a family plan with my family but my parents are charging me way more than they should so I am planning to get out of the family plan and just pay for my own line, they charge me 90 bucks for me alone, I do have a smart phone and I do pay for the family text and my data, but I crunched some numbers and I would actually pay less if I was on my own. Okay to my main point, my upgrade is in June and if I transfer the number over to me before June will I lose that upgrade date and wait for another or will I have to wait to upgrade first then transfer the number over to me? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@infamous619 wrote:

-I am currently under a family plan with my family but my parents are charging me way more than they should so I am planning to get out of the family plan and just pay for my own line, they charge me 90 bucks for me alone, I do have a smart phone and I do pay for the family text and my data, but I crunched some numbers and I would actually pay less if I was on my own. Okay to my main point, my upgrade is in June and if I transfer the number over to me before June will I lose that upgrade date and wait for another or will I have to wait to upgrade first then transfer the number over to me? 

it will not change your upgrade date. Any grandfathered plans you have will be removed and if you have little or poor credit a deposit of up to or more then 500.00 will be charged

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

11 years ago

@infamous619 wrote:

Have you spoken with your parents about this issue?

Anyways if it's any consolation, I pay for own service and my parents' service

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.