Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ImiBob's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 17th, 2016 6:31 PM

Do I own my iPhone?

On the next plan when you reach your number of installment payments or pay the remaining amount who owns the phone?

in other words I want to upgrade to iPhone 7 but only have two remaking payments on my 6Plus. Should I wait until I make two more payments and then sell my phone online or do I still have to trade it in?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

The phone is yours from day one.  Next is not a lease or a loan.  It's a retail purchase agreement.  

You can pay off your Next agreement in store on online with a credit card.  You cannot add money to your bill to pay off Next.

You have two options for Next agreements 30 or 24 payments.  Read more details below.

You would be able to order your phone before 9/30, just in case the offer expires by then.

image.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

If you pay it off completely,, not just to the trade in installment, the phone is yours, but you  may want to consider paying it off and trading it in. AT&T has a special program for iPhone 6 users. If your phone is fully paid off and trade the phone in and purchase an iPhone 7, you can get $650 credit toward the purchase of the iPhone 7.

https://www.att.com/shop/iphone.html#iphoneoffer

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

@kdfederer is right about the current trade in deal. Pay off your phone now (probably around $50?) and basically get a brand new 7 32GB for free. Only downside is you are locked to ATT for 30 months. If you cancel early, you would owe the remaining balance on the 7.

You can also get the larger capacity by paying the difference each month. A 128 GB 7 for about $4 a month......can't beat that deal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.