For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Raquinze's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 17th, 2014 3:59 AM

Do I need to upgrade all 4 of my family's phones in order to upgrade mine?

There are 4 phone connected to AT&T service right now but only one phone is to be upgraded and that is me. I been wanting to upgrade my phone for quite some time now, but ive been recently told that in order to have my phone upgraded its mandatory to upgrade all of the phones that have the option to upgrade mine. Is that entirely true?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

NO. Each line has it own contract. You can upgrade only one line at a time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

What kdfederer told you is accurate, and your other source is mistaken.  If you are under contract, each phone has it's own contract and it's own upgrade eligibility date. You can upgrade any one phone on your account without upgrading the others.

I will add a side note to what he told you. If you are under a Mobile Share plan, upgrading your phone with a 2 year contract subsidized phone will cause your mothly bill to go up by as much as $25/month.  There are other options you can do to keep your bill from going up, but keep in mind that depending upon your situation, your bill might (probably will) go up if you upgrade your phone under a new contract.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

You were probably told that because you had unlimited data on one, or more of the lines.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

That shouldn't make a difference whether you had unlimited data or not. You can upgrade only one line at a time no matter what minute plan, data plan or texting plan that you have.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

When I said that I meant that as in the "rep" was trying to get him to upgrade so that he wont have unlimited data anymore. Verizon does this ALL the time...they love it when people lose their "unlimited data". These carriers don't want any one having unlimited data anymore; Sprint, and T-Mobile offer it because they have no choice...their networks arn't large enough not to. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, so I hope you don't "feel some type of way".

Some Type of Way-Rich Homie Quan

This is a rap song by the way...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

If only ATT would inform you of the $25/month concequences of upgrading and extending the contract.at the point of sale they might not have as many upset customers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.